NCL Gem Jan 09th & 19th 2022 voyage (B2B), OMG! Refund for onboard purchases received for both voyages!

WYB!

Hi everyone, reviewing my cc statement and it seems I got back every charge from both voyages.

Back in 2020, I originally booked both voyages (1/9 & 1/19) as 1 reservation.

Voyage 1 departed on the 09th and was "cancelled" on the 13th of January 2022, returning to NY on the 19th.

Voyage 2 departed on Jan 19th and returned on the 29th.

Today, on my CC statement I saw my shipboard charges on 1/31 which matched my onboard account when I left the ship on 1/29.

But when i went to check my cc statement today there is a refund dated (2/1) and the amount covered every charge from both voyages.

That includes a refund for the: speciality dining, daily gratuities, shore excursions and purchases of cruise next certificates for both voyages!

(ie I bought a few cruise next certificates, they refunded me the purchased of all the cruise next certificates I purchased and the cruise next certificates i just purchased 2 weeks ago appear in my account).

Anyone else?

- WYB

Edited by WYB!
  • Like 1

• WYB! changed the title to NCL Gem Jan 09th & 19th 2022 voyage (B2B), OMG! Refund for onboard purchases received for both voyages!
19 minutes ago, WYB! said:

Hi everyone, reviewing my cc statement and it seems I got back every charge from both voyages.

Back in 2020, I originally booked both voyages (1/9 & 1/19) as 1 reservation.

Voyage 1 departed on the 09th and was "cancelled" on the 13th of January 2022, returning to NY on the 19th.

Voyage 2 departed on Jan 19th and returned on the 29th.

Today, on my CC statement I saw my shipboard charges on 1/31 which matched my onboard account when I left the ship on 1/29.

But when i went to check my cc statement today there is a refund dated (2/1) and the amount covered every charge from both voyages.

That includes a refund for the: speciality dining, daily gratuities, shore excursions and purchases of cruise next certificates for both voyages!

(ie I bought a few cruise next certificates, they refunded me the purchased of all the cruise next certificates I purchased and the cruise next certificates i just purchased 2 weeks ago appear in my account).

Anyone else?

- WYB

Congratulations in hitting the NCL lottery! Lucky you. Hopefully they don't find out :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks!

Just as a reminder, these 2 voyages (1/9 & 1/19) were originally booked in Dec 2020 as 1 reservation in a O4 (Family Ocean view cabin) and using 4 CNC and 30k in BoA points using a Meta upgrade to a (BA) Balcony Cabin.

The 4 CNC's that I originally used on this voyage also have returned to my account, plus the CNC's I just purchased in Jan 2022 are in my account and my purchase for them were refunded to me.

ie CNCs in my account NCL now: (1 Expires Jan 2023, 4 Exp Jan 2024, and the newly acquired expire Jan 2026).

- WYB

Edited by WYB!

12 minutes ago, UKstages said:

how could they possibly find out?

it's not like anybody posted a summary with specific identifying details in an online public forum!

oh.

Because they monitor these boards....and can check exactly who was on both of these sailings.  And then check "the refund" for the few who were on both saililngs.

It would be extremely easy for NCL to find out my booking based on my postings. (Hint: I travel onboard with a bicycle).

On the contrary, I’d like to believe this refund was on purpose and NCL sees it as positive advertising, which hopefully will encouraging more people to book a B2B cruise with NCL and actually take that cruise as opposed to cancelling or postponing. Anyone could also have easily done this same booking as I wrote about it in the roll call in Dec of 2020.

I’ll also report if NCL changes their charges on my CC but I haven’t called anyone (Not NCL nor my TA) since I returned home. I haven’t even unpacked or processed my photos yet.

Safe travels,

- WYB

Edited by WYB!

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Because they monitor these boards....and can check exactly who was on both of these sailings.  And then check "the refund" for the few who were on both saililngs.

"satire is what closes on saturday night."

- george s. kaufman

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NCL knows exactly who I am and who you are based on your handle.

It is also very possible that because of my review of my NCL Jan 2022 voyage on the Gem, NCL was able to identify me and this is their way of saying “hey, thanks for the review”.

Again, I haven’t contacted anyone about anything.

- WYB

Edited by WYB!

Back in July of 2021 there was an offer from American Express with NCL that went along the lines of; if you spent $500 with NCL AmEx you give you a statement credit of $150.

I did that and received the statement credit of $150 a few days later.

Well, strangely enough today (Feb 06th, 2022) I received a credit of $220.52 on my AmEx card.

So that would be $500 spent but $370.52 received back.

I still have made no calls about the 1st voyage 2022 Jan 09th - 19th that was "cancelled".

- WYB

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 2.35.09 PM.png

Edited by WYB!

So, I still haven't contacted NCL or my TA to find out what FCC I may or may not have because of the "Cancelled" Jan 09th-19th cruise.

But yesterday (Feb 08th) -$1,957.82 showed up on my BoA NCL pending transactions!

Thanks NCL!

Has no one else received anything back?

Yes I'm happy I went on this B2B voyage!

Safe travels!

- WYB

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 11.14.47 AM.png

• Like 2

I too am happy I went on the B2B cruise... but our b2b was for Jan 2nd and Jan 9th cruise.  

I have not contacted my  PCC as to what FCC I may have. . but will do later. 

As an extra treat we attained  Diamond status and are looking forward to our upgrades we will take in 2023. 

Received the following debits (credit for me) on BA. Excuse the x's.  as I am being cautious 

02/01/2022NCL RESERVATIONS USD 866xxxxxxx FL           -$164.50
02/01/2022NCL RESERVATIONS USD 866xxxxxxx FL           -$1,054.24
02/01/2022NCL RESERVATIONS USD 866xxxxxxx FL           -$85.50
02/01/2022NCL RESERVATIONS USD 866xxxxxxx FL           -$339.49

01/31/2022 NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINES 305-xxxxxxx FL       -$140.08
01/31/2022 NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINES 305-xxxxxxx FL       -$124.90
01/31/2022 NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINES 305-xxxxxxx FL       -$249.47

Applied most of the above credits to our B2B2B Panama Canal / Caribbean cruise in Jan/Feb 2023. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 5:54 PM, WYB! said:

On the contrary, I’d like to believe this refund was on purpose and NCL sees it as positive advertising, which hopefully will encouraging more people to book a B2B cruise with NCL and actually take that cruise as opposed to cancelling or postponing.

So it's either:

a) NCL is kind and generous and focused on rewarding loyal passengers or

b) Totally inept, screwing up wherever possible

Hmmm....  I'll have to check more threads here to see what the consensus is. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like to think it's either:

a) Karma, positive things happen to positive people.

b) PR, there are some 7,419 pages on CC with postings for NCL. Of those pages, how many are: Positive, Negative, or Neutral? I imagine NCL appreciates a positive posting and perhaps more people will book a B2B in the hopes of replicating this situation or at the least not cancelling or postponing their voyage. (It's like I'm the opposite of Aimee F. except I haven't contacted any news outlets).

My review of my B2B voyage can be found here:

I also still haven't contacted my TA or NCL regarding any type of refund of FCC, but I have unpacked and processed my photos.

Stay positive and safe travels,

- WYB

Edited by WYB!

I believe I read on FB that 2 years has been added to all CNCs.

I just checked and all of my CNCs have a new expiration date with the earliest being (Sail By 2/14/2025) and the latest being (Sail by 1/22/2026). 

Thank you NCL

- WYB

Edited by WYB!

On 2/2/2022 at 7:23 PM, WYB! said:

NCL knows exactly who I am and who you are based on your handle.

It is also very possible that because of my review of my NCL Jan 2022 voyage on the Gem, NCL was able to identify me and this is their way of saying “hey, thanks for the review”.

Again, I haven’t contacted anyone about anything.

- WYB

How would NCL know who we all are?  This is why I don't use my regular email or real name when registering for sites like this.

Now excuse me while I add another layer to my tin foil hat.

• Haha 2

I understand your confusion. When posting by me included the reporting of accurate events as they occur, they're known as facts.
I try to supply as many facts as possible so people can make their own informed decisions.

I never said that I wasn't entitled to anything for a cancelled voyage.

But I was happy with both voyages as they were.
I came really close to booking a 3rd voyage for the 29th of Jan while on board, but decided against it, ( I couldn't keep the same room)
My review of the B2B Jan 2022 voyage on the Gem (which I wrote on day 15 of 21 can be found here):

Sure, before the voyage started, I also could have cancelled or taken the POM offered but I didn't, and if I had then I imagine I would be in a different "boat".

I imagine there might be some people here that took the POM or cancelled their Jan 09th Gem voyage that are upset with themselves.

You think NCL is happy with anyone who took the POM voyage instead of sailing?

Is there anyone who took the POM for the January 9th voyage on the Gem that is happier that they took the POM instead of taking the Jan 09th voyage? I would love to hear back from anyone either way.

Now I'm just reporting things as they are still happening.
I'm very happy with how NCL is handling my situation and I haven't contacted anyone about it.
Is there anyone here that wouldn't like to be in my situation?

At some point I will need to contact NCL to see if I have any FCC in my account.

But until then, Thanks NCL! I'll be booking and sailing with you again.

- WYB

Edited by WYB!
  • Like 1

Please explain how am I stealing anything?

I do feel confident now however, that's something a crazy cat lady might do (or even a Aimee F), but I never look a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm also not going to rock the boat, instead as is my nature I'm going with the flow, but I'll report the facts as they happen.

I still find it hard to believe that I'm alone in this situation. Anyone else?

Stay positive and Safe travels,

- WYB

Edited by WYB!

@WYB!

Maybe I am misunderstanding.  You were completely reimbursed for both parts of the cruise.  Were the other people on Part B completely reimbursed?  If not...why do you think that you're entitled to the refund?  Please point out if I am misinformed.

My original point was....why are you coming here to brag about it?  Most people keep their mouths shut...for fear of bein "reported".  These boards are monitored.

Yes, we agree, you are misunderstanding!

Why would other people on Part B be reimbursed for a cruise that wasn't cancelled?

You seem to think I'm bragging. I'm reporting the facts as they happen. You seem to be stating opinion.

I'm looking for other people who are in my situation, (B2B voyage booked as 1 reservation where voyage 1 was cancelled) and what happened after that.

Were you even on this voyage?

As I've stated, I have nothing to hide and I'm hiding nothing.

So please explain how I'm stealing anything?

How does someone have 3.5k with all negative posts?

Have you ever said anything even remotely positive about anything? Ever use the term "Thanks" before?

Stay positive and Safe travels,

- WYB

11 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Yes....2 separate and independant trips.

Thank you.  I asked because I honestly didn't know.  I have my first B2B booked for this fall (14 day round trip Boston to Quebec to Boston) and I just booked it as two separate reservations with the same cabin on each.  I'm really hoping the testing is gone by then as I would hate to get booted off the ship in Quebec to quarantine or whatever it is they are doing to people there.  Maybe I could thumb a ride with  a trucker to get back to the states. 🤣

• Haha 4