NCL Gem Jan 09th & 19th 2022 voyage (B2B), OMG! Refund for onboard purchases received for both voyages!

WYB!

30 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Chief, check out Casofilia's post above for a story about combined cruises.  We have taken several B2B cruises before, including Boston to Quebec to Boston.  Because many or even most of the folks boarding in Boston are only going on the first leg of the cruise, your key card, like everyone else's,  only will be good for the first half, the Boston to Quebec segment.  Even if you keep the same stateroom for the return voyage, you'll need to pick up a new card from the Guest Services Desk when you get to Quebec (or maybe they will issue it to you one day early to avoid the rush).  There usually will be a meeting for B2B guests a day or two before getting to the turnaround port.  There they will give you instructions about the protocols to follow and issue you some form of wrist band or ID tag to let port terminal personnel see that you are an in-transit guest.  That way you can bypass the additional screening that other guests who are boarding in Quebec will have to go through.  You will be able to breeze through the terminal the same way you do at any other interim port-of-call.

Thank you @The Traveling Man!!!!  We're really looking forward to this cruise.  It seems that the Boston/Quebec itineraries really beg for B2B bookings.  Hopefully all the Covid stuff will be long gone by then.  If that happens, there will likely be much fewer "details" to worry about.  Was there much to see/do in Quebec City during the short time for the turnaround?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thank you @The Traveling Man!!!!  We're really looking forward to this cruise.  It seems that the Boston/Quebec itineraries really beg for B2B bookings.  Hopefully all the Covid stuff will be long gone by then.  If that happens, there will likely be much fewer "details" to worry about.  Was there much to see/do in Quebec City during the short time for the turnaround?

Not sure how your itinerary is set up, but we had an overnight in Quebec.  We arrived one morning and didn't depart until late the following afternoon.  There was plenty of time to see and do a lot.

Good News/Bad News update!

I contacted NCL today (Feb 14th, my first call to NCL @ 1-866-234-7350) to ask about my NCL account and if there was anything that I wasn't seeing in my online NCL account in terms of reimbursement for my voyage (Jan 09th - 29th, B2B on the Gem).

The NCL rep looked me up and presented me with what is called the "NCL Displacement Certificate" (Hint: It's also a dollar amount)! Valid until Jan 2023 with a sail by of May 2023. In order to use it, my TA just needs to inform NCL for my next voyage booking. This certificate wasn't appearing in my online NCL account so you should call NCL to see if you have one as well.

I'm pretty happy with everything (the voyages and the refunds/credits/reimbursement). Thank you NCL!

Stay Positive and Safe travels!

- WhosYourBuddy

Good News/Bad News update!

The "NCL Displacement Certificate" is also know as a "Future Cruise Credit".

I called and Passenger #2 received the same amount as I too (Total: $,$$$).

NCL refunded me everything (100%) + (50% FCC)!

When everybody wins, it's a win, Win, WIN!

Thanks NCL!

- WYB

Edited by WYB!