Coxen Hole: Number of ships at pier vs anchoring?

bigrednole

I have read that Coxen Hole can accommodate up to 3 ships: 1 docked and 2 anchored. I was checking the port schedule. NCL and RCL will each have a ship in port. NCL arrives at 8AM and RCL at 9AM. I would assume the first ship in will dock at the pier and the other will have to anchor and tender. Just trying to plan and prepare our excursion. We are on NCL and would want to be off as quickly as possible before things get very crowded. Tendering adds a bit of time to getting off the ship. So, I want to plan for that now if it is the case.

57 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

I have read that Coxen Hole can accommodate up to 3 ships: 1 docked and 2 anchored. I was checking the port schedule. NCL and RCL will each have a ship in port. NCL arrives at 8AM and RCL at 9AM. I would assume the first ship in will dock at the pier and the other will have to anchor and tender. Just trying to plan and prepare our excursion. We are on NCL and would want to be off as quickly as possible before things get very crowded. Tendering adds a bit of time to getting off the ship. So, I want to plan for that now if it is the case.

Two ships can dock at Coxen Hole.

NCL used to regularly tender before port expansion  but I have never tendered from RCL. I would assume NCL are still using the new pier unless things have changed during shutdown or if the port plans are underway again and they were unable to use the new pier for some reason.

Have you asked on NCL board or recent roll calls?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

No, figured I would ask here first. I will check the NCL boards to see.

Just remembered, I believe the Norwegian ships have a webcam so you could probably check your ship?

Edited by c-leg5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, I will look into it. It was just a question when I heard someone else mention somewhere about having to tender there maybe. Then I looked at Cruise Mapper and only see 2 ships there and NCL being there an hour earlier. Regardless, we are going to hold a sloth, see some creatures, see the sights, and then spend the rest of the day at Infinity Bay.

• Like 1