Swallow water and snorkelling ?

envy4u

21 minutes ago, envy4u said:

Where shall we go as my husband does not like deep water and we want to snorkel. Any suggestions close to ship?  Would like to do this on our own and not looking for tour operators. 

Which ship and which port?

38 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Some people have reported success at Mahogany Bay private beach by the ship if expectations are not too high.

I have seen people talk about the area near the pier at the end of Mahogany Bay Beach but I have no idea what the water depth is . 

The edges of Half Moon Bay in the village of West End may suit, I have not been over there is some years. 

He could probably see some fishes or other on the beach side of the first reef in West Bay but the traffic in that area maybe a challange. 

I have never snorkeled Fanatsy Island, they have a man made lagoon, just outside of it maybe worth exploring. 

22 minutes ago, Guest 2000 said:

I have seen people talk about the area near the pier at the end of Mahogany Bay Beach but I have no idea what the water depth is . 

The edges of Half Moon Bay in the village of West End may suit, I have not been over there is some years. 

He could probably see some fishes or other on the beach side of the first reef in West Bay but the traffic in that area maybe a challange. 

I have never snorkeled Fanatsy Island, they have a man made lagoon, just outside of it maybe worth exploring. 

I have never been to Mahogany Bay either - have always docked at Coxen Hole - but presumably one enters from the beach and goes in as deep as they are comfortable with. IF you have to enter from the pier this would be best determined from the Carnival/Princess boards or posed here as a Mahogany Bay question.

The other locations are not close to Mahogany Bay (Fantasy Island closest) and would require an excursion from the ship or independently, or a private driver.

3 hours ago, envy4u said:

How far is Fantasy island from the pier where Sky Princess docks ? 

You should be able to see both and find distance in Google maps.

Not sure they have a transport option you would probably need a driver for the day.

4 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

You should be able to see both and find distance in Google maps.

Not sure they have a transport option you would probably need a driver for the day.

Holy hannah, it never occured to me to ask Google Map. Thank you!!

Anywho, it says 19 mins because there is still slowing with construction along parts of the road.