Mardi Gras Havana cabana stateroom

angelhelly

Hi! Been so long that I posted on CC. It's good to feel.like cruising again!

In any case, we are looking into booking an Havana cabana stateroom on the Mardi Gras and debating on location. Anybody has some experience with this kind of stateroom and could give me some advice/pointers?

Thank you 🙂

Be aware that the Havana area on Mardi Gras is much smaller than the pool/hot tubs on Vista class ships. Mardi Gras has the Loft 19 area with Cabanas and a huge Serenity area. Even with the small pool, some guests like the Havana cabins on Mardi Gras. One said Deck 8 rocks!

If you want to be close to everything that the Havana deck offers, you need to look into the starboard side cabins on deck 8 only.  Preference would be toward the more forward cabins 8223-8249 if you want less foot traffic going past your lanai.  8291-8299 offer the promise of loungers outside the lanai .

but are closer to the activities on the Havana deck.  

I watched a video of a person in a Havana cabin near the bar.  They said it was super loud until late at night.  Take that for what you will.  Late may not be late for you and maybe you are a heavy sleeper.  Just a tip I heard.  

We were in cabin 8287 which was about 6 down from the Havana Bar.  We loved the location. Close to pool and bar.  We did not hear a thing.  Not a lot of traffic in front of the cabana's and no one laid in the loungers in front of us.  The ones in front of the bar and by the pool were occupied most of the cruise.

• 4 months later...

Were were in a Havana Cabana on Mardi Gras (8260) and absolutely loved it.  We thought the location was perfect because we were on the opposite side from the pool/bar/lounge chairs.  So we could choose sun or shade (we could either stay in our own patio area or move to the public area near the bar/pool on the other side of the ship).  Granted the Havana area is smaller than on the Vista class ships, but I actually like that better.  Most of the time the pool was empty (even though we cruised during spring break with a totally full ship).  And we were guaranteed to always find some quiet lounge chairs on the Havana deck (a bunch were always empty).  

Your little patio door does not lock (it's just a latch) which we loved because we had family members staying in a Havana interior so they could get access to our patio from the outside (if we happened to be gone or sleeping).  

You will hear people question how private these rooms could be with a public deck running around the outside of them, but it's only accessible to other passengers in the Havana area, and there are less than 100 Havana staterooms on this ship. After the first day (when people seemed to be exploring) we never saw anybody on the deck in front of our room.  We have never had such a calm quiet room location.

We were to lucky to book this room during the height of the pandemic (when everyone else was cancelling) and got a great deal.  Currently, it would cost me about $1000 over the cost of a regular extended balcony room and I just can't justify that expense.  Otherwise, I'd book this room every single time - it was just perfect.

• Like 1