Pre-Cruise Hotel Experiences

Travelbug321

Barcelona Cruise 

I was told I can’t use the NCL airfare if I don’t use their pre stay hotel. I prefer Hotel 1898 on the Ramblas over their Hilton in the financial district. Plus the Hilton is double the price. I’d be leaving the same day either way. Has anyone experienced this?

1 hour ago, anteldel said:

Barcelona Cruise 

I was told I can’t use the NCL airfare if I don’t use their pre stay hotel. I prefer Hotel 1898 on the Ramblas over their Hilton in the financial district. Plus the Hilton is double the price. I’d be leaving the same day either way. Has anyone experienced this?

If you are using the promo airfare there is no hotel requirement unless you want to fly in 3 days early.

2 hours ago, anteldel said:

Barcelona Cruise 

We've bought NCL's BOGO airfare a couple of times, with deviation (2 day before, and/or 2 days after).  Never any requirement to use NCL hotels.

On 2/4/2022 at 10:34 PM, Travelbug321 said:

I searched before posting but didn't see what I'm looking for, so I apologize if there is a thread about this already. 

We're flying into Alaska 2 days before our May 2022 cruise, and looking into booking our hotel through NCL, if you've done this in the past, what pros and cons can you share? Thank you!

We used the NCL hotel in Seattle for an Alaska cruise; the charge for the room is per person not per room.  They do shuttle you to the pier on the sail date but they do not shuttle you in from the airport to the hotel!

Thank you for your responses. I was able to get the two day deviation without using their hotel. The confusion was because I’m leaving three days before but arriving two days before. Overnight flight from JFK TO BCN 

Adding my experience, as a first time NCL cruiser (RCL/X veteran):

Booked airfare promo just a week or so ago on an April 2023 sailing on Prima out of NYC. The airfare was crazy cheap -- less than 50% what I would have paid booking direct -- and the hotel (Marriott Marquis) was also several hundred cheaper than my Bonvoy member rate. 

It's the first time I've ever booked any travel extras like air/hotel through a cruiseline, because the RCL pricing is nowhere near what I can get on my own. This promo really worked in my favor.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 6:34 PM, Travelbug321 said:

I searched before posting but didn't see what I'm looking for, so I apologize if there is a thread about this already. 

We're flying into Alaska 2 days before our May 2022 cruise, and looking into booking our hotel through NCL, if you've done this in the past, what pros and cons can you share? Thank you!

You most likely have already booked your hotel..

If not, are you flying into Seattle or Anchorage?

• 1 year later...

I have tried to find info on Seoul, South Korea for a pre-cruise hotel but unfortunately cannot find anything.  NCL does not have a hotel listed for Seoul.  We will arrive probably 4-5 days before embarkation.  Does anyone have any information on a hotel there?  We are not sailing until November 2024, so plenty of time to research and book.  Thanks for any help you can give me. 

please try booking.com, or hotels.com. when you get to their website ,merely fill in the city and your planned dates of stay. i always use either site to plan a pre or post cruise. you will also find that although they require a credit card #, your account will NOT be charged, and you have 24-48 hrs before your arrival date to cancel, with no penalty.

Works for me every time, and they also give me an idea of what properties are available in any given city

also, bonvoy is the site for marriott properties.

you can also google the names of the usual chain hotels (ie hyatt, hilton, marriot, sheraton, or ihg.

same thing, fill in the city and your potential dates, and you will find a plethora of choices, room types and prices.

good luck! it's really simple to do, and i assure you I am technologically challenged. so if i can figure it out, im sure anyone else can also