How do I reserve a rental car at Vancouver Cruise Port

edgee

I know that during cruising season, a few rental car companies have booths just outside luggage collection area at Vancouver cruise port so disembarking passengers can easily pick up rental cars. We did this about 5 years ago. However, now when I go to websites of rental car companies and try and reserve a car for this summer in Vancouver, the only locations offered are at best a few blocks walking distance from the cruise port. Any suggestions of companies that have the cruiseport location posted on websites so one can make a car rental reservation? Thanks!

Some rental agencies may be having issues getting vehicles with the chip shortage that has affected availability world wide.

Historically, Enterprise/National had a booth above the cruise terminal.  Hertz was two blocks away from the cruise terminal.

Hopefully availability improve when cruise ships return.  Do book early to avoid disappointment.

On 2/7/2022 at 4:51 PM, edgee said:

I know that during cruising season, a few rental car companies have booths just outside luggage collection area at Vancouver cruise port so disembarking passengers can easily pick up rental cars. We did this about 5 years ago. However, now when I go to websites of rental car companies and try and reserve a car for this summer in Vancouver, the only locations offered are at best a few blocks walking distance from the cruise port. Any suggestions of companies that have the cruiseport location posted on websites so one can make a car rental reservation? Thanks!

If your looking at a map just above the cruise ship terminal is the east hall, just next to is the larger west hall (the big square pier).  

Located in that building is also the sea plane terminal.  Here is a list of rental cars that service sea plans.  You may want to try giving some of these companies a call and what they say about a pickup at the cruise ship terminal.

https://vhfc.ca/rental-cars/

3 hours ago, em-sk said:

If your looking at a map just above the cruise ship terminal is the east hall, just next to is the larger west hall (the big square pier).  

Located in that building is also the sea plane terminal.  Here is a list of rental cars that service sea plans.  You may want to try giving some of these companies a call and what they say about a pickup at the cruise ship terminal.

https://vhfc.ca/rental-cars/

Thanks so much. The websites of all the companies on the list do not list the port area sites and local phone numbers connect me to national call centers who seem to know very little. Will keep trying.