Viking Homelands 2022 Season

NeilP57

45 minutes ago, oldgeez said:

This is still my favorite menu:

0BEC4563-B471-4BD9-8C5D-278705C264AD.jpeg

We love having the grilled sear us a piece of tuna while we make a salad to go under it for lunch. Makes us feel like we are eating healthy for at least one meal a day! (Pay no attention to the onion rings on the side of the salad!😱)

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The crew is always masked on this cruise but it’s voluntary for pax. Very few wore masks early in the cruise but the percentage has gone up significantly in the last few days. 
None of the crew say anything about Covid cases (they may not know either) but there’s suspicion (without evidence) that we have one or more infections. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody else get a notice of yet another change in itinerary?  We are sailing in 2023 and just this morning received an update from Viking: 

"Thank you for choosing Viking for your upcoming Viking Homelands voyage. We would like to take a moment to advise you of a change in your itinerary.

As you may be aware, schedule or itinerary changes may become necessary due to a number of variables. In this case, the VIKING JUPITER will call at Skagen, Denmark in place of Alborg, Denmark... We apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause; however, we trust you will enjoy all that Skagen has to offer."

Just wondered if that's only our sailing or yet another additional change for everyone on top of the changes they announced on March 24 when they pulled out of St. Petersburg, Russia after the invasion of Ukraine.

Individual cruises change ports due a variety of reasons. Our June Viking Homelands dropped Mariehamn a month or so in advance. I heard it was due to availabity of excursion vendors, but I don't really know. I know other recent cruises have had port changes. For what its worth, Alborg was our least favorite - not awful, just nothing special. 

3 hours ago, cmaasfamily said:

Individual cruises change ports due a variety of reasons. Our June Viking Homelands dropped Mariehamn a month or so in advance. I heard it was due to availabity of excursion vendors, but I don't really know. I know other recent cruises have had port changes. For what its worth, Alborg was our least favorite - not awful, just nothing special. 

Agree! And Skagen is fascinating if you are interested in Danish Art and where the North Sea meets the Baltic Sea.

• Like 1