Test to get back into Canada

Mr and Mrs C

I have the test figured out for getting on the cruise, we have rapid tests booked at Walmart in Canada before we leave. We will be driving to Baltimore for our cruise and need a test to get back into Canada. Any recommendations? I had read about doing a test while on the ship and use the wifi for that with the switch company. I looked on their site and I thought I read they have to be taken in Canada? I tried to do an online chat to ask them questions but had no luck. I’m hoping to get it either while in the ship or as soon as we get off, if I’m understanding it right the test to get back takes longer to receive the results? The drive to the border is about 7 hours, so trying to figure when we will be able to have results to get back. 

You’re right. The SWITCH test that has to be done in Canada is the PCR test. 

But, SWITCH also offers a test called a RT-LAMP test, that can be done on the ship through wifi, and  that is accepted for entry into Canada. It is proctored as well, we bought two for our return to Canada.

I ordered them through Areoplan and they were delivered to my doorstep within 4 days.

A036B4A4-97C6-4FE6-B085-8D4F6546A5F2.png

Edited by son3cruisers
  • Like 1