Recommendations for Mobility Challenged near Port after 3:30pm Arrival

ChuckL

I have knee problems and walk with a cane. Climbing many steps is a problem. Our ship won’t be arriving in San Juan until 3:30 pm in late April, and the cruise line is currently only offering an Old San Juan Walking Food Tour that has 3 miles of walking. I would like recommendations on what could be done in Old San Juan near the cruise ship pier. Can taxis be used to get around that area, and sre there any recommendations on where we could go for local food nearby?

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2022 at 9:01 PM, ChuckL said:

I have knee problems and walk with a cane. Climbing many steps is a problem. Our ship won’t be arriving in San Juan until 3:30 pm in late April, and the cruise line is currently only offering an Old San Juan Walking Food Tour that has 3 miles of walking. I would like recommendations on what could be done in Old San Juan near the cruise ship pier. Can taxis be used to get around that area, and sre there any recommendations on where we could go for local food nearby?

They will help

https://sanjuanpuertorico.com/visitors-information-tourism-offices/

for 

We were just there and walked around Old San Juan.  It is not easy if you have any mobility issues because of the unlevel cobblestone streets, narrow sidewalks, traffic, etc.  You can walk along the waterfront which is easier and there are some stores and a couple restaurants, food carts. My parents who are in their 80's were with us and they hired a taxi to drive around and give them an hour long tour which worked perfectly for them.  He was directly across the street from the pier.