Bordeaux Wine purchase in Bordeaux

Hawaiidan

Ok......any of you out in wino land  who  have experience in purchasing wine for consumption on the ship and  elsewhere>       I know my vintages well  but aside from my fave's  ( L'evangile, Canon, Ausone) dont have a handle on ALL the chateaus ...  any vin du pays , form the region you liked, Pomerol St Ermilion?     

Suggestions and pricing as you remember...   Spending 2 days in port prior to my  12 step meetings post cruise..

To paraphrase Remy, " if ya gotta drink, why not drink the good stuff

Help

• 2 weeks later...

If you’re looking for a great Pomerol, you can’t go wrong with Château La Conseillante.  (They’ve been at it since the early 1700’s so they seem to know what they’re doing.)  We arranged for a private tour & tasting a few years ago and their wines were so spectacular that we picked up several to take back with us.  Their wines are made primarily with Merlot, with a healthy dose of Cabernet-Franc, and they have a bit more substance behind them than the Saint-Émilions.  If I remember correctly, they ran about 150€ to 200€, but don’t hold me to that!  FWIW, their property is adjacent to Petrus, so that gives you an idea of the quality of the terroir. 

• Thanks 1