Is Verifly optional?

atabs12

We sailed last month on MG and was offered to download VeriFLY. 

we did it but from what I understood at that time it was only being used on MG on a test basis. 

we had all our paper/ electronic docs and the VeriFLY. They did not look at my verifly,  but did look at my husbands, along with his other docs. 

I think they were trying to see if the paper docs matched up with the VeriFLY so that going forward carnival can just use the VeriFLY and be assured it compiles everything correctly. 

so I’d say it’s not mandatory, but some ppl might want it if they have multiple trips booked, all they’d have to change/ add to it would be an updated pre cruise test result. 

• Like 1

I was on the 2/5/22 sailing of the Mardi Gras and Verifly was absolutely useless.  I took the time to download info and thought Verifly would be an asset.  There were no special Verifly lines, and when I got to the desk to check in, it was given a cursory glance and set aside.  I was asked for the things that I had with me but not in my hand, because I thought I was using Verifly.  So extra time spent handing over my phone, then producing paperwork from my wallet and carryon.  Very sorry I bothered with it.

• Like 2