Cruising from Dubai

TnoP

Hi

We are cruising on the MSC Virtuosa from Dubai in a couple of weeks and are becoming a bit overwhelmed with all the regulations and protocols regarding COVID etc

We are fully supportive of all the restrictions and would rather be safe but were wondering if anyone has any experience of this trip and how easy or hard it was? In particular, we have read that you need to have a COVID test at the end of the cruise to disembark (as well as the 2 pre-boarding) Is this correct?

Finally, has anyone got off the ship in Abu Dhabi or Doha and how easy was this?

Thanks

13 hours ago, TnoP said:

In particular, we have read that you need to have a COVID test at the end of the cruise to disembark (as well as the 2 pre-boarding) Is this correct?

No. Only one Covid test, that is the one you need to show at embarkation. 

In Doha we were not allowed to leave the ship even we completed all the procedures with the pre registration. Only MSC bubble tours were available. Abu Dhabi was no problem, we just went off the ship and took a Careem to the Louvre. 

Currently on virtuosa round trip Dubai, leave ship this Saturday.  You need PCR no more than 48 hours from UK departure time.  On arrival to Dubai another PCR is done for free.  No PCR for return.  For Doha u need to book a ship tour.  We did the 3 hour panaramic tour of Doha, £38 each and well worth it.

I did a similar cruise on another company in december 

My flights were via Doha and on arriving a test was done at the airport however I never received the result  so I had to call for a test in my hotel - it seems quite a lot of tests were done by nurses in hotels in Dubai.

In qatar it was impossible to go ashore on your own

In Abu D it was not a problem