Pearl Haven perks

Takoyaki

I've seen a few posts a out the Haven on pearl but still have some questions. 

Do both Haven and S class suites get priority embarkation?

Do Haven get a special dinner option since there isn't a Haven restaurant? 

Have you felt the courtyard was spacious enough?

Is there any sort of food/drink service at all in the Haven courtyard? 

Thanks in advance 

We are sailing in a deck 10 aft penthouse in April, not classified as an H, and from what I've read, we have priority embarkation and disembarkation, have breakfast and lunch in Cagney or Moderno, but do NOT have access to the Haven courtyard.

I'll answer your other questions based on our 2019 cruise in the Haven on Gem, a sister ship.  We didn't find the courtyard pool area crowded, but we also occasionally went up the staircase there to an adult area with comfy daybeds.  There is a table set up in the Haven courtyard  with iced tea, juice, water, some snacks that I think were changed out depending on the time of day.  There was a Haven courtyard attendant who would get you breakfast, lunch, or drinks.  This service could be a little on the slow side as I think there was only one attendant at a time and I don't know how far he/she would have to go to pick up the food and drinks requested. You are correct that there is no Haven restaurant and there are no special arrangments for Haven passengers to eat in a different room at dinner. Hope this helps!

Our family was on the Pearl in March 2018. I agree with much of what @meglet mentioned. We had priority embark/debark, which was great. We enjoyed the courtyard because it was usually quiet and not a lot of people. There were a few times some younger groups tried to sneak in, but it was so obvious they had done it and they were promptly asked to leave.  There was an attendant, but I agree that was hit or miss and slow.  Our concierge was extremely helpful (can't remember his name though). 

We were in a two-bedroom family room and it really was a no brainer for us to book that way.  We are booked for the Getaway in a few weeks and looking forward to a more expanded Haven though.

1 hour ago, Takoyaki said:

I've seen a few posts a out the Haven on pearl but still have some questions. 

Do both Haven and S class suites get priority embarkation?

Do Haven get a special dinner option since there isn't a Haven restaurant? 

Have you felt the courtyard was spacious enough?

Is there any sort of food/drink service at all in the Haven courtyard? 

Thanks in advance 

1.  Yea

2. No, but you can get your Butler to serve in your room, if you want

3. Yes, even on Spring Break

4.  Yes, the courtyard attendant will serve drinks /snacks/lunch, and there are usually cookies, gummy bears, M&Ms, juice, etc in a self serve station.

Edited by Starflyr3

10 minutes ago, Takoyaki said:

Thank you everyone this has been so helpful! 

Now it seems like whichever option we pick we will keep the specialty dining perk so we will have more options for dinners.

And if you want to have dinner in your suite, served by your Butler, that can include meals from the specialty restaurants.  Try to let the Butler know in advance.

In the Haven Courtyard, if you see *anyone* in uniform (that is, NCL staff), you can ask them for beverages or snacks.  IF they aren't the right person, I'm sure they will either pass the info along or (probably?) tell whoever should be making the rounds occasionally will be right back 😉 

We were on Pearl for a 2 week holiday cruise several years ago, one that included Christmas and New Years.  THANK GOODNESS we had the Haven!  There were some truly horrendous groups of children who were running around "targeting people".  Yes, "targeting".  One of their favorites seemed to involved the elevators. Whichever way they were headed, in or out, they would immediately CHARGE directly into those who were waiting, inside or out.  If we (adults) "learned" to stand *really* to the sides waiting for an elevator, and it was one with "them" in it?  They would look right at us and literally *charge* out sideways, and then start laughing and running off.

We just stayed in the Haven.  It was a bit crowded, but we always found a seat if we wanted to sit there. 

The Butler was phenomenal!  And he also had a great sense of humor.

GC

• 1 month later...