Pre-board testing

abby1257

2 minutes ago, AandBmom said:

yes I read that.  The first one each is unsupervised.  The 2nd one they supervise and it's $20 pp.  Good option I think but I'd love to know if someone has tried it. 

Where does it say the first test is unsupervised?

9 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Where does it say the first test is unsupervised?

On their instructions here... https://www.azova.com/rapidresponsevideo/?primary_resource_url_id=49510

Note is says you have to schedule an observation for the 2nd test.

STEP 1

You must take two tests over 2 (or 3) days with at least 24 hours (and no more than 36 hours) between tests. You must schedule video observation for when you take your second test. Schedule your video observation call within the timeframe that you need to take your test. Schedule a separate appointment for each person who will be taking a test. All members of your group can join the call together, but each person must have their own appointment registration.

16 minutes ago, AandBmom said:

On their instructions here... https://www.azova.com/rapidresponsevideo/?primary_resource_url_id=49510

Note is says you have to schedule an observation for the 2nd test.

STEP 1

You must take two tests over 2 (or 3) days with at least 24 hours (and no more than 36 hours) between tests. You must schedule video observation for when you take your second test. Schedule your video observation call within the timeframe that you need to take your test. Schedule a separate appointment for each person who will be taking a test. All members of your group can join the call together, but each person must have their own appointment registration.

Well have to wait and see if others have used it.  Thanks for this information.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 1:12 PM, AandBmom said:

Has anyone tried using your own antigen tests (the free ones from the schools) and used an online lab to "proctor" or "supervise/validate" your test?  

I found a company that will do this for $20 per person.  

This seems like our easiest and cheapest option but I'd like to hear if others have done this.

For clarity, driving to Buffalo (so no test required), flying BUF-LAX, then getting on Carnival.  Test needed within 3 days of Carnival boarding. 

Hey @AandBmom, did you end up trying the Azova proctoring service?  If you did, do you recommend it?  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 6:44 PM, lots-of-km2 said:

Hey @AandBmom, did you end up trying the Azova proctoring service?  If you did, do you recommend it?  Thanks.

I did not. 

We used Costco tests ($16.99pp) to get on the cruise and a free place in log beach to get back to canada.