Small boat excursion to Hubbard Glacier

5waldos

• 6 months later...
31 minutes ago, nordicacres said:

Helpful post! Wondering if others care to comment on their experiences?

Hubbard Glacier is a huge glacier.  Holland America charges less ($299) for the small boat excursion from the cruise ship.  

You can look at the website for the Kenai Fjords tours.  On a beautiful, sunny day I would choose Kenai  Fjords for the beautiful scenery.  It is much more than glacier viewing.  We took the 6 hour tour.  It’s hard to predict the weather if you want to book in advance.

• 4 months later...
On 4/22/2023 at 12:06 PM, Italy52 said:

We are sailing on the Crown Princess in July and booked 2 tickets for the excursion.  Princess' pricing is $299.95 for DH and $299.95 for me.  Because we are Elite, we will also get a 10% credit back to us for purchasing the excursion through Princess.  We decided to use our OBC so the trip is free for us.  We feel lucky to take advantage of this perk.

I have seen a lot of crazy pricing for some of the glacier tours --- not sure if it has to do with the cost of fuel or not. 

May 25, 2024 Princess for Hubbard is $394.95; too bad no other vendors to offer competition; even one or two more small vessels

10 hours ago, Princess_Royal_Caribbean said:

May 25, 2024 Princess for Hubbard is $394.95; too bad no other vendors to offer competition; even one or two more small vessels

Because you’re departing directly from your ship to the catamaran.  It’s not an “excursion” like on land, where there are usually multiple vendors for various activities.