Disembarkation in Lisbon,Tour or DIY?

cleobella

In October we disembark at the end of our cruise in Lisbon, and I am considering hiring a driver to take our bags with us on a tour of Sintas and Lisbon, depositing us at our hotel after.  Of course it is very expensive.  Our hotel is on Avendia, and is close to the train.  I am wondering if we are better to take our bags over to the hotel after disembarking and then take the train to Sintas and Belem?  Then the next day just strolling around Lisbon on our own.  This would be cheaper but maybe not as convienient.  As well the dates are a Sun, Monday and the Monday is a holiday so maybe we are best just to shell out the bucks to ensure that we have no snags?  Any opinions? Also, any recommendations for drivers or companies to use if we go that route?

Trams and buses run frequently from Lisbon centre out to Belem as do trains to and from Sintra.   Timetables and ticket prices can be found online, so I would drop off the luggage first and do both yourselves.  Having said that, without a guide you will need to do some homework first, so you know what you want to see when you get to each destination, (opening hours etc). Not at all difficult as both are hugely popular andt here is  loads of online info