Nieuw Statendam Aft Verandah Cabins and noise or vibration

LewiLewi

I sailed the Koningsdam and my cabin was portside aft, I love this area, I always sandwich myself between 2 cabin decks and have never had any noise or vibrations.  I am booked on the Nieuw Statendam March 2023 in the same area and can't wait........

I have not stayed in the aft view verandah's, but I would tell you the same, sandwich yourself between 2 cabin decks and you should be ok.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

We love the aft cabins on the Celebrity summit type ships so we booked one on the Statendam on deck 5.  Two factors - one we were right near all of the quarantine cabins - so we could not walk down the hallway to get to our cabin but had to do a total walk around since the entire hallway was blocked off. I don't know if the quarantine cabins are still there but I would check.  2nd - we were surprised by how loud the wake was, and the vibration from the wake in our room and also that our balcony was no larger than a standard size balcony.  Luckily for us -the ship was not full so we went to guest services and were offered an aft room on deck 7 or a mid ship room. On deck 7 the aft room was much quieter and much less vibration and the balcony was much larger. Despite this we decided to go with the mid ship room since we still felt the vibration though on a very scenic cruise we would have probably stayed on the aft on deck 7. 

I hope this helps and I know that noise etc is very personal -  what bothers one person doesn't bother someone else.