Luggage Storage in San Diego

gomama5996

We will be disembarking in San Diego after a Panama Canal crossing in late April.  We originally had four hours before our flight home - perfect timing for us. We just received notice that our flight was cancelled and the new flight will be ten hours after disembarkation. No problem, but now to find something to occupy our time rather than sitting in the airport. Fortunately there are lots of things to do nearby, but what to do with our luggage?

I found a luggage storage company only a half mile from the cruise terminal called Bounce. They have locations worldwide and a handy phone app to reserve/manage reservations. It looks ideal and the price is right but would love to hear of some firsthand experience.  Has anyone here ever used the services of this company? 

Thank you!

I would personally just take it to the airport, check it in and then take an Uber to Old Town, Seaport Village, Little Italy, Balboa Park or the Gaslamp area.   The cruise terminal is close to the airport and the airport is relatively close to all the places I mentioned (literally just a few minutes).  

Edited by cruzin4us

I don't have any experience with this company, but I bet you could have the Wyndam hotel across the street hold your bags. It might be worth calling and asking.

You could try checking your bags with your airline, but many airlines have limits on how early you can check your bags in. Delta, to my surprise, allowed us to check our bags nearly 7 hours before our flight, but other airlines like Southwest has limited checking bags to 3-4 hours before the scheduled flight time in the past.

1 hour ago, cruzin4us said:

I would personally just take it to the airport, check it in and then take an Uber to Old Town, Seaport Village, Little Italy, Balboa Park or the Gaslamp area.   The cruise terminal is close to the airport and the airport is relatively close to all the places I mentioned (literally just a few minutes).  

These days airlines typically only permit you to check your bags 3 or 4 hours prior to your flight so it may not be possible to do what you're suggesting since the posters flight is 10 hours after disembarkation. 

Bounce is one of any number of companies that "network", they don't own any of the locations. In some cases the storage location could be a hotel, a bar, a store, anything. How secure your bags are would be my concern. LuggageHero is another company with a similar business model.

Did Bounce tell you what the location was?