Question re: pricing cruises/bid sites

WeRockChalkKU

Hi,  haven’t cruised for forever.  Ready to start back up. Years ago would go through the website that had several companies present offers and competed for your business.  I would put in for what I wanted and within a very few minutes I had an offer or two; it was an automatic type of response even if it was after normal business hours or a weekend.  Then a couple of other companies would also make offers within a day or so.   A few hours ago, I filled out a new request but I haven’t had any responses.  Is that what others are experiencing?  Just curious what the latest is with that type of situation.  Thanks for any input. 

I, too, have found it took longer than in the past to get a reply.  On top of the length of time it took to receive a reply, each reply completely ignored the details I submitted regarding the cabin category and the special promotion code I had received from HAL!  This is the first time I found the responses to be useless!  It appeared to me that those replying didn't really care if they "won" my business or not!

I used the compete site as well to see what one could yield after being out of cruising for a couple of years.   After nearly 2 days, “one” scant bid and not impressive at all.   Few years back, my email would be pinging non-stop with offers.   

Our next cruise, I went through a large on line TA site and had a decent offer, but then service degraded fairly fast after they received my deposit.  It’s still working out OK, but I wouldn’t book with them again.  It’s almost as if they don’t care.   I’m finding a huge disparity in service level from 2020 to now.

As I am new to HAL, I don’t have a vacation planner for this line and wasn’t sure whether to just book through the web site or through a new TA.   In hindsight, the web site would have been easier and the $100 OBC from the TA definitely not worth the frustration.

Anyhow, I digress.   Wish the compete site worked as it did in the past, but definitely not the same as it used to be.