Change of departure port, flights by Celebrity?

Bigannie

I have booked  flights with celebrity for my Hong Kong /Singapore Cruise in early 2023. I have my doubts about this cruise sailing but hoping for the best.

Can anyone tell me what happens if departure port changes ? I have book to arrive 2 days early so we can see a bit of Hong Kong. If Hong Kong doesn't open  and they change the start point would Celebrity automatically change my flights? Would I have to pay a price increase if it was a much more expensive flight. I have booked Business class and feel I got a good deal in the price but would not be willing to pay much more. I really want a few days either side of the cruise explore  ports as this will my only trip to Asia.

Our departure port Istanbul was scrapped a couple of years ago.  Celebrity rescheduled to Athens. Flights were changed automatically as well, to similar and very close departure/arrival time.  Not one dollar difference to be paid by the way.  I do not think you will have to worry.  At least before Covid this was handled very well.

1 hour ago, odysee said:

Our departure port Istanbul was scrapped a couple of years ago.  Celebrity rescheduled to Athens. Flights were changed automatically as well, to similar and very close departure/arrival time.  Not one dollar difference to be paid by the way.  I do not think you will have to worry.  At least before Covid this was handled very well.

Thanks for your answer, I will deal with whatever happens,we are just under a year out so hopefully things open up in Asia.

This cruise has been cancelled several times, if Hong Kong does not open up I am fine with change of start point. I probably should have waited a while to book the flights but the price was right and nothing to lose untill final payment is made.

In March 2020, we were booked on the Millenium cruise from Hong-Kong to Shangai and thank God, for once, we had booked Flights by Celebrity.

In late January/early February, as Celebrity was monitoring the process of the coronavirus not yet called Covid19, our cruise itinerary was modify to depart from Tokyo and terminate in Singapore. We were well past the final payment date. This impacted both our inbound and outbound flights. Flights by Celebrity promptly changed our flights no questions asked and no added costs.

Two weeks later, Celebrity had to cancel the cruise, and our refund by Flights by Celebrity was the first one to be processed. We received it within three weeks.

Of note, a month later, we were booked on an NCL cruise to Hawaï. We could not book our flights via the cruise line so we did it via our TA. When that cruise was cancelled, NCL gave us a FCC. The flights? Well we also received a future flight credit which we could not use, because of the timeline involved. Our trip cancellation insurance refused to cover the flight costs, because of the Future Flight Credit.

In Quebec, there is a fund dedicated to travel agency customers, protecting us when we cannot receive the service we paid for. I submitted a claim 14 months ago, and it is still pending....

So, from now on for me, Flight by Celebrity wins!

I have learned the hard way that when everything goes well, any reservation process will work; however, when things don't go as planned, Flights by Celebrity is a great asset to have!

• Thanks 1