Add extra person to cabin, booking on hold

Jennfromoz

I am booked on the Carnival Splendour on 5th December 2022 to South Pacific. I booked an inside cabin for 3 and it is on hold. I only have 22 hours left before I must pay the deposit. 

My friend can now get that week off work, so I want to add her to the booking.  I assumed it would be easy to do this and pay the extra but it seems complicated. 

I searched my room, 6422, and it's apparently has 2 bottom beds and 1 top bunk.  Is it easy enough for them to add another bunk?  

I also booked with a special which is not available now, which only required I pay $50 deposit per passenger.  Could I add her on this special?

I went on the website and app and can't find anywhere where I can edit the booking or any information. I emailed Carnival but haven't heard back.

Do I have to make a completely new booking with a new room? I really hope not.

I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks. 

Jennifer 

You could try calling Carnival and see if they can pull the booking you have on hold and help you with it. That said, if the room holds three people then that's all it holds. You'll have to use another room set up for four people, if there is one still available. Try calling since you are running short of time.

• Thanks 1

We JUST did this yesterday. My son finally got the time off to come with us so no w there will be 4 in the cabin.  We just called and it was super easy to change on,y because the cabin has a Pullman over the ‘couch’ which means there are 4 beds. Otherwise they would if had to look for a room to accommodate us.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much everyone for your advice.  I called Carnival today and was able to add 1 person on the same deal.  We had to change cabins but that's ok.  Now I'll cross my fingers that we will be able to cruise in Australia in December. 🤞