East coast to FCO/Rome???

stoneybeach1

I just booked my flight to Rome from Chattanooga for September and paid $912. It has been running around $1000 - 1500.

I started pricing last May (using 2005 dates) and it was running around $1400. So when I found 1 stop for 912 I grabed it.

Best advise, when you find a fare you are comfortable with buy it.

Chris

$800-900 is a pretty good price to Rome. Rome is usually one of the higher priced European destinations.

To save some money, sometimes it is cheaper to book a flight to London (or other European hub) and book a separate ticket to Rome. You will have to check all options.

I booked RT for September, 2006, to Barcelona back in November, 2005. I paid $750 pp for 1 stop and that stop is in the United States. Good luck. I agree with the others. When you find a price that is agreeable for what connections you get, go for it! Then don't look at airfares anymore, just look at sites that show what you are going to see in the wonderful ports you will be visiting!!

Pooh

When we purchased our tickets last year RT Rome we paid under $800pp on NW - 1 stop going over but 2 stops coming back. We flew end of September going over and came back mid October. Purchased our tickets in May.

We purchased an additional rt ticket in June for our daughter to fly from DCA to Rome and the price was over US$1,000.

All of the above was with taxes and booked directly with the airline.

Somewhere I read on these boards that prices for tickets for late summer start going on sale around March/April timeframe. Don't know if this is true for this year with fuel prices.

Good luck in your search.

Julia

We're on the Noordam Sep.8 and I just purchased air on BA from EWR to FCO for $816 pp directly from BA website.The only one lweor in price for that time fram was Aer Lingus and we don;t want to fly from JFK. Since we're flying home directly from the cruise we also have to be careful of departure time from Rome. our flight leaves at 1:30PM so that wull give us enough time to comfortably disembark. Since shoulder season in Rome doesn't start until late Sep., I think this is about as good as we're going to get.

Archived