Stone Island Questions

onebzemom

We were there many years ago. We took a Pulmonia to the dock and got on a small boat. When we got off the boat there was a pickup truck with bales of hay in the truck bed. He asked where we wanted to go. I said Lety's and he shook his head no and gave us another name. (But I can't remember that name). So, we went with his suggestion. He dropped us off, I started to pay him, and he shook his head no again and said pay him when he picked us up. He asked us what time, and he came back at that time and took us back to the boat. It was so easy.

1. Does anyone know if this truck option is still available? My grandkids will love to ride in the back on hay bales.

2. Any suggestions besides Lety's? Victor's I'm finding is no longer open.

3. We are not real drinkers. And two of my grandkids are picky eaters, so we will be bringing their peanut butter sandwiches with us. I understand you get the use of chairs, table, and umbrellas if you purchase food and drinks. But I'm worried we may not be purchasing that much. The coconut shrimp was awesome, so that will be a must do!

4. Do most places also provide boogie boards and sand buckets and toys for the kids to use? Or should I go buy them at Walmart while in Puerto Vallarta?

5. Three of the adults want to do Parasailing. Is there anyone that provides this on the island? What other activities are available? And anyone know the cost? Last time, we had no kids and just ate, drank and laid in the sun.

7 hours ago, onebzemom said:

2. Any suggestions besides Lety's? Victor's I'm finding is no longer open.

4. Do most places also provide boogie boards and sand buckets and toys for the kids to use?

5. Three of the adults want to do Parasailing. Is there anyone that provides this on the island? What other activities are available? And anyone know the cost? Last time, we had no kids and just ate, drank and laid in the sun.

2.  I'm going to make it a game time decision, will take a closer look at Molokay or Puesta del Sol or Carmelitas.

4.  I'm hoping that boogie boards will be a small pop-up stand vs. part of the restaurant's offerings, kinda like the oyster carts and walking vendors.

5.  The closest thing to parasailing may be the banana boats, unsure of cost.  Horseback riding, 300 pesos/30 min.  ATV rental, unsure of cost.

My question, please:  I guess if you're with a bigger party, taking shifts is the obvious answer.  But for parties of 1 or 2, what is the best thing to do with personal items/valuables/key card when playing at the beach?  Take them with you in the water? Bury it in the sand under your chair/towel?  Take shifts?  other ideas?

Edited by n4w

1.  I have not been for two years,, since Covid stopped my cruising, so I do not know if the hay truck is still giving rides.  But it is a short walk, no need for the truck.  

2.  If you are walking, the first restaurant you come to is Delfin.  My brother is mobility-impaired, so I've stopped there several times.  Nice place, quieter than Lety's.

3.  I've never had any issues with this.  We don't drink, but our soda/juice/coconut and food orders sufficed.

4.  I don't think there are vendors with kids' toys or snorkling equipment.  I'd hit Walmart (or 99 Cent) at home so the kids have them at each port.

5.  I don't recall seeing parasailiing on Stone Island.  Banana boats, plastic kayaks, Wave Runners.  Horses and ATVs.   But mostly sunbathing, or relaxing in the shade drinking.

21 hours ago, bmar808 said:

Can anyone advise if it is "easy" to look for and book horseback riding once there?

Very difficult!  Walk down the beach, and there will be some people holding horse reins, with horses attached. It is easy to spot a group of three or five horses -- they are kind of visible!   Explain what you want (one hour, or three hours or ...) and ask for the price.  Could not be easier.

On 2/26/2022 at 6:38 PM, n4w said:

2.  I'm going to make it a game time decision, will take a closer look at Molokay or Puesta del Sol or Carmelitas.

4.  I'm hoping that boogie boards will be a small pop-up stand vs. part of the restaurant's offerings, kinda like the oyster carts and walking vendors.

5.  The closest thing to parasailing may be the banana boats, unsure of cost.  Horseback riding, 300 pesos/30 min.  ATV rental, unsure of cost.

My question, please:  I guess if you're with a bigger party, taking shifts is the obvious answer.  But for parties of 1 or 2, what is the best thing to do with personal items/valuables/key card when playing at the beach?  Take them with you in the water? Bury it in the sand under your chair/towel?  Take shifts?  other ideas?

With past cruises/activities and swimming, my husband and I both wear a waterproof pouch with our phone, money and car keys inside.  Swimming with it around our necks was not an issue.  Sometimes, I will tuck it into the top part of my swimsuit. 

• Thanks 1