COVID Test x2?

JetJock_YHZ

I’m sailing on MSC Divina on Sunday, February 27th. I got a COVID test today (26FEB). 

I just re-read my ticket and it says that I must have (another) nose swab and test at the port prior to boarding. 

1. Is this true, or does MSC accept only do this if you are unable to provide test results within 2 days of sailing?

2. If a second test is done at the port anyways, why, and what is the point of the 2-day prior one?

Thanks in advance for your help! 😎

10 hours ago, JetJock_YHZ said:

I’m sailing on MSC Divina on Sunday, February 27th. I got a COVID test today (26FEB). 

I just re-read my ticket and it says that I must have (another) nose swab and test at the port prior to boarding. 

1. Is this true, or does MSC accept only do this if you are unable to provide test results within 2 days of sailing?

2. If a second test is done at the port anyways, why, and what is the point of the 2-day prior one?

Thanks in advance for your help! 😎

Yes you need a 2nd at/ in the port.

Why? Because they say so. Their ship, their rules, they are paying for it so it's no big deal.

Probably so people who get a positive test result from their 2 day prior test don’t bother showing up at the port. 

I’d rather know ahead of time if I’m positive, even though it’s only a moment in time and I could test positive at embarkation anyway.