Disney Donates to anti-LGBTQ+ Florida Candidates

SakeDad

With all the news about Disney donating to anti-LGBTQ+ candidates in Florida I am wondering if this will keep you off DCL or from going to the parks? I worked on DCL and it was the most gay friendly company ever so I am surprised to learn of the donations. However I also know they are a huge employer and need government officials on their side when issues come up, so I guess I'm not THAT surprised. But would love to hear from others, especially in relation to future plans on DCL.

I've never sailed DCL or would even consider it - I was kidnapped after University graduation by a few family members & forced to go to Disney World in Orlando - never again!!!

Saying that  -  Disney is expanding greatly in Florida - both at Cape Canveral & Orlando  w trains(public entities) linking the 2.  Being Fla gov't( and population) leanings its no surprise they made the donation.

There's more publicly socially concious companies to spend $$$ on.

Why would anyone want to go to Russia?????

13 hours ago, Jared2 said:

Is it even worth sailing on Disney if you don't have kids?

I did it about 5 years ago and it was a good time actually.  I am a huge Disney fan so I wanted to at least try one.  I could not however get over the cost of the cruise.  We paid almost as much for a 3 night cruise than we have on an RCCL 7 nighter.  It was fun but probably never again.  

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't cruise with DCL, at least not with my husband because he LOATHES Disney.  So that's no hardship for me.

I actually canceled a planned WDW solo vacation for the Epcot 40th anniversary over this.  I don't judge anyone who makes a different decision than I did, but I know I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I kept it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2022 at 3:14 PM, RICHARD@SEA said:

Why would anyone want to go to Russia?????

It's a great country. It's just that it's leadership is garbage. It's people are not bad.

Like America during 2017-2021, a country can get a bad rap just from it's leader.

But it's people are still great! I have wanted and still would like to visit Russia and walk in The Red Square.

Peace

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 5:13 AM, SireDoime said:

It's a great country. It's just that it's leadership is garbage. It's people are not bad.

Like America during 2017-2021, a country can get a bad rap just from it's leader.

But it's people are still great! I have wanted and still would like to visit Russia and walk in The Red Square.

Peace

For many many years I have wanted to visit Russia - I went to China in the early 1980's & got a taste of how people live there - i try not to buy anything made in China for many years.

As far as Russi is concerned --where do you think the tourist revenue goes to????

On 3/3/2022 at 4:20 PM, Jared2 said:

Is it even worth sailing on Disney if you don't have kids?

I know a few people that love, love Disneyworld & go several times.....both on the ships & resorts....

I am not a Disney fan at all(living in NYC  - I've seen enough "characters" every day to keep me happy.

Along with the cost &  other issues I don't ever see myself on their ships(I'd have to be REALLY REALLY in love w a man that needed a disney fix)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have lightly considered a Disney cruise, but not extensively. This just turns me off from it more. I'm not surprised they're donating to anti-LGBTQ+ politicians. They're a corporation and will stab anyone in the back for profits...

As to Russia, I agree that anyone who has not visited should - maybe not right now... I've been fortunate to have been three times, and my father's ancestry is Russian. Once to St. Petersburg as a teenager, and twice to Moscow in college to study abroad. Moscow is one of my favorite cities. And in my group of college students, which one of us actually had "fun" as young people like to do with the locals...? The gay guy. 😉 4 times. 🤣 As SireDoime said, the government is atrocious, there are bad people yes. That's true of every country. For now I'll just hope they get better politicians just like Florida desperately needs.