Live Inaugural Cruising Review Wonder of the Seas 3/4/2022 - 3/11/2022 Plenty of Pictures!

30 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 7 Parade Practice 

Like I said before this was such a mess I could not stop watching because it’s so entertaining … well that and the fact that I am stuck at Sorrento’s with all the fighting going on.

That looks like an accident waiting to happen. All you need is a toddler or preschooler to run out there and get hit with a stick.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

I am slowly sailing away from them lol… I try everything and I don’t just follow a brand but after trying Royal/Carnival Mardi Gras/ Celebrity I am not a fan of NCL and their marketing techniques.  The hard product onboard feels cheap and the food ingredients at the buffet / MDR is cheapest ingredients they can find.  You really do get what you pay for.

I am starting to feel the same way after reading yours and several other Royal Caribbean cruise reviews.  I’m going on an NCL cruise in a few weeks, but I’m pretty sure it will be my last.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

It was dark and then flashing lights came on.  Lots of music.  It was quick and.  I am glad I did it but one and done! I was a little lightheaded when I got out but the crew was right there to help.  I think the flashing lights were the culprit🤪

thanks for sharing your experience on Abyss.

I think I will stay a chicken and pass.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

I am starting to feel the same way after reading yours and several other Royal Caribbean cruise reviews.  I’m going on an NCL cruise in a few weeks, but I’m pretty sure it will be my last.  

I am all in for new experiences but their gimmicky marketing with “free at seas” is not worth it.  The drink package gets me all the time, by the time you add in all the gratuities they charge for the free drink package you are almost there with RCL’s beverage package that you buy yourself and that includes the fresh juice/specialty coffee (non Starbucks)/ bottled water and much better wine selection.  You don’t get that with NCL’s “free” drink package.  At dinner time you usually find Basa / tilapia fish that I would not buy at home because it is not good for you which is why it is so cheap.  Forget salmon at the buffet or any type of expensive cuts of beef.  Is it a nice cruise on NCL?  Yeah sure!  The staff is great and gracious and it’s a cruise but after you add in all the money you have spent on the free at sea, compare that to Royal, I am going on a Royal ship 😂. But if NCL offers an unique itinerary that fits my schedule I will still cruise with them.  I am not going to cruise NCL just because of the free at sea stuff they throw at me!  It’s not worth it and I usually decline the drink package any way.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jkaczanowski said:

That looks like an accident waiting to happen. All you need is a toddler or preschooler to run out there and get hit with a stick.

I would be interested to hear back from the 3/11 Wonder Cruisers what they think of the parade and more importantly if the lobster lunch is still happening at Windjammer!!  🦞 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Day 7 Parade Practice

Finally they all became friends … the end… time for me to get to CoCoCay… I wonder if they will be wearing costumes?  They cast is from the sports department, theater production, aqua theater performers and ice skaters.

EA7B9777-6F70-4C8D-9F7D-965A97EF128D.jpeg

BD8EE902-6C82-4932-955A-6AD5A8BC2F83.jpeg

460B4622-ABF6-45FD-98CF-F2B742F541BD.jpeg

FCB3FB43-F9D7-4B11-A383-BF9FA6B3DC83.jpeg

018FAE08-EC7B-454B-88B1-F3438EDD596C.jpeg

C3C3DB66-5A54-4D7B-AE9B-D05732E9C71E.jpeg

6B35C8B4-B512-4F0B-B216-29AD3404A95D.jpeg

45B024A2-9ABB-4544-BD16-399984CA5996.jpeg

0D1A1D9C-AC44-4010-8E57-833589984C05.jpeg

F8C6515E-2256-45ED-B755-364B18275963.jpeg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

aw but the new Prima is coming out and I hear it will be interesting with some changes. More adult stuff 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I'm a little worried here, after adults, kids.....................who is etc. made up of??

only thing I can think of is those companion dogs.  or perhaps the towel animals.

seriously I think we all just put the word ETC on the end of a sentence out of habit.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 6 

I interrupt this review for a quick question… for people that have been to UK or live in UK… would you do an excursion to The city of Bath (you can’t go into the thermal pools) or would you go see Stonehenge??  There is no option to do both so I am soliciting feedback / opinions!  I want to see both so it’s hard to pick one!

Though you can't bath in the Roman spa there is a modern thermal spa in Bath with a lovely hot roof top pool 

It's a lovely city, difficult to decide. More to see in Bath but Stonehenge is so iconic 

https://mobile.thermaebathspa.com/

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

If you ever saw the Dirty Jobs show on tilapia you would never eat that fish!  Bottom feeders all the way.

I have eeek!  That is why I don’t touch it!  I think Basa is the same type.  Which amazes me that NCL serves that but not salmon or sole or cod option at complimentary dinning.  Even on Carnival you can always have salmon.

23 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 6 

I interrupt this review for a quick question… for people that have been to UK or live in UK… would you do an excursion to The city of Bath (you can’t go into the thermal pools) or would you go see Stonehenge??  There is no option to do both so I am soliciting feedback / opinions!  I want to see both so it’s hard to pick one!

The pre-cruise stay in London with a private tour company we got to see Windsor Castle (2 weeks before Harry and Megan's wedding), Stonehenge, Salisbury Cathedral (houses Magna Carta) and Bath all in 1 day (very long day but it can be done). 

Enjoying your cruise and pictures.  Hope to follow you on another cruise.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

The pre-cruise stay in London with a private tour company we got to see Windsor Castle (2 weeks before Harry and Megan's wedding), Stonehenge, Salisbury Cathedral (houses Magna Carta) and Bath all in 1 day (very long day but it can be done). 

Enjoying your cruise and pictures.  Hope to follow you on another cruise.

Wow I might have to look into that!  Thank you so much!  Be careful what you wish for because the Symphony is about to start on Saturday!