Another Newbie Question

CwazeAndCwaze

2 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Many of the (Alaska) excursions leave at 6:30am !! Do they cater for this departure time with respect to serving an earlier breakfast?

I haven't done Alaska on Seabourn, but I believe they may open the Colonnade restaurant earlier on those mornings. If not, there is a continental breakfast put out in the Observation Lounge around 6 am… or there is the option for room service (although that runs the risk of messing up your plans if it arrives at all late). 

2 hours ago, SLSD said:

I have a question.  Does SB have a readily available drinks menu at their bars?  We have never been offered one.  I think I asked for one once and received a vague reply.  I'm the kind of person who needs a drinks menu as I don't drink that many mixed drinks (but like them) and would like to know the specialities, what is available and so forth.  

We left the Ovation on March 27th after visiting the Panama Canal.  
After reading about the speciality drinks on CC,  we accessed the menus on Seabourn Source.   On our previous Seabourn cruises we were not aware of the specialty cocktails.   For this recent cruise we asked for the cocktail menus in the Observation Bar and in the Thomas Keller Lounge.  Since we had previously reviewed the menus on line, we were prepared to explore.  The menus are available for the asking.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ernieb said:

I’m glad you’re cognizant. I didn’t mean to imply that the App should be the only presentation of the menus. I don’t board the Odyssey until the 28th and I only mentioned the App to indicate that the menus evidently are available.

Not a comment on your helpful tip that they were on the App.  I'm just hoping that someone in the bar will hand me a paper copy when I ask.  Maybe that will happen the next time we cruse.  

6 hours ago, SLSD said:

Not a comment on your helpful tip that they were on the App.  I'm just hoping that someone in the bar will hand me a paper copy when I ask.  Maybe that will happen the next time we cruse.  

They will! We were on Encore in March and pressed the paper menu each evening in Keller and Observation bars. 

There are drink menus - paper - available, at least were on the Ovation last week.  TK drinks are in the TK menu you receive at the table or can ask for at the TK bar - on E-class ships.  I did not spend much time in the Obs bar and only went to the Club once but I saw the Obs bar menu given to someone.

8 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

There are drink menus - paper - available, at least were on the Ovation last week.  TK drinks are in the TK menu you receive at the table or can ask for at the TK bar - on E-class ships.  I did not spend much time in the Obs bar and only went to the Club once but I saw the Obs bar menu given to someone.

I guess the one time I asked, they did not have one available and after that, I didn't ask.  I will next time since so many of you have seen the menu.  

• Like 1