Edge - Tea Service (Concierge IV)

karma459

Hello all

As a semi-reformed coffee obsessed person, I've switched to tea in the morning and before bed. I'll have 1-2 in the AM (generally ginger/lemon or Earl Gray) and 1-2 in the PM before bed (chamomile). I save the coffee for my martini's now. 🙂 

Does Celebrity offer any type of kettle/tea in-room set up on NON-UK sailings? Also, if there are kettles, are they temp. select type or do they only go to full-boil (which isn't great for teas)?

I know I can order from room service, but I'd prefer to just be able to pour a cup at-will instead of scheduling a time/waiting for delivery or having to run up to the buffet area for hot water.

Hoping someone with recent experience on Edge can chime in! 

I doubt it matters, but we are in a Concierge IV for what it's worth. 

Thanks!

I know that Silhouette and Solstice have tea kettles aboard and can often be obtained by request.   While on Millennium they had one on our Coastal Cruise in a Sky Suite but not in AQ.  The tea kettles were just the total boil and no temperature settings.

Generally they are not available but ask.   The worse they can say is no.

Not usually provided on non UK sailings.    If you are in a regular cabin the kettle will take up valuable space.   With a drink package, Cafe Al Bacio, has a wonderful selection of teas and would be my choice for tea.    I am not sure of the cost if you don’t have a drink package.   The Oceanview also has a selection of more basic teas.   The selection is much better earlier in your voyage.   They seem to run low on the favorites later in the voyage.