Club Balcony Suite

cresx

In my upgrade options,  there is a Club Balcony Suite. There seems to be a large price difference between a Balcony Stateroom and the Club Balcony Suite. This is on a Jewel class ship. I could not find much on the website to detail the differences between the two categories. Can anyone educate me. Thanks

21 minutes ago, cresx said:

In my upgrade options,  there is a Club Balcony Suite. There seems to be a large price difference between a Balcony Stateroom and the Club Balcony Suite. This is on a Jewel class ship. I could not find much on the website to detail the differences between the two categories. Can anyone educate me. Thanks

The room and bathroom are larger. Usually a tub. You get a few perks with the room. It is NOT a suite , so no suite perks. Just a room upgrade. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The difference from regular balcony to club balcony is essentially the bathroom and perks:

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom
  • Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
  • Complimentary choice of one valet laundry or pressing service
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens, pillows and a memory foam mattress or mattress topper

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

PLUS: you get to pay extra $3 pp/pd gratuities!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cresx said:

The difference on jewel class ships is mostly the size:

Balcony-165 square feet with a 38 square foot balcony. (203 sq. ft.)

Club balcony suite-230 square feet with a 55 square foot balcony. (285 sq.ft.)

It's a huge difference when comparing ship cabins, as it is like having an extra 8x10 foot room. The bath tubs on the Pearl have been replaced with showers, and I believe the other jewel class ships will have theirs replaced eventually.

The only thing i would caution you about is if you put an upgrade bid in and win, you have no say in your cabin location.All of the mini-suites on jewel class are on the eleventh deck.So possibly you could end up under the fitness center, the pool, or the buffet. Or you may luck out and get a cabin under the card room, library, or La Cucina. Roll of the dice! Good luck and Happy Cruising!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, smokeykat said:

Does anyone know about the club Balcony cabins on Joy? I have a regular balcony now and I am curious if the difference between the two is worth it as I received an offer to bid.

Definitely worth it-I have had both-Love having the bigger shower & bathroom-really the only difference-If you can get it cheap during upgrade-go for it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeykat said:

Does anyone know about the club Balcony cabins on Joy? I have a regular balcony now and I am curious if the difference between the two is worth it as I received an offer to bid.

We had one on the Joy in Nov 2021. The only difference we really noticed was the bathroom double sink & size and shower. Tips were more. 

No real worthwhile perks.

Price & location is determining factor.

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeykat said:

Before you decide, consider the location you have chosen.  If you chose a cabin on deck 15 close to the Observation lounge, a winning bid could put you very far away from a desired location.  The physical cabin difference is mainly the upgraded bathroom.  The service difference are a few added perks (delivered snacks, sparkling wine, laundry service, upgraded linens).  Also different is that suites get charged an extra $3 pp/pd for gratuities.

• Like 2

OK thanks everyone.

Right now I am deck 10 mid ship. We had a forward extra large cabin on Adventure of the Seas and when we hit rough weather it really rocked up there for a while. Not a fan lol That is the only reason I am hesitant in placing a bid as I have no idea where we would end up.