Lucaya or Taino Beach in Freeport which is better

pattycake08

Will be on RCCL Independece in July 2022, one stop is Freeport. One of the cruise ship Excursions is to Taino Beach.  We need a beach that has Umbrellas & Chairs. Looks like Taino does, but can't confirm if Lucaya does as well. Has anyone been to either that can answer if Lucaya has Umbrellas & chairs? Has anyone skipped the excursion and just went on your own by taxi, anyone know if its cheaper for this option on your own?  Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot believe RCCL is stopping in Freeport; I will  be  there on a cheapo local cruise next week.. if I see anything worth visiting I will let you know.  It was dismal there before hurricanes and COVID….can’t imagine what it is now but would love to support any positive rebuild. 

• 4 months later...
On 3/29/2022 at 9:08 PM, ramidon1 said:

I cannot believe RCCL is stopping in Freeport; I will  be  there on a cheapo local cruise next week.. if I see anything worth visiting I will let you know.  It was dismal there before hurricanes and COVID….can’t imagine what it is now but would love to support any positive rebuild. 

Friends are headed out on Margaritaville this weekend - did you happen to hear anything about Taino Beach on your cruise?

• 3 weeks later...

Given the amount of negative energy around Freeport as a stop lately I decided to go.  The Grand Lucayan (Lighthouse Pointe) is a $7 each way shuttle or $30 cab ride away from the port- 15 minutes or so.  Cabs and shuttles are to the left under a white canopy/ tent as you exit the tiny core market area at the port but still in the secure area.  They will call you a large or small cab...

A day pass or excursion seems a good investment.  The beach bar was nice and lunch was good.  This spot is under rated.  

20220824_111422-01.jpeg

20220824_112752-01.jpeg

20220824_113210-01.jpeg

20220824_113157-01.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2022 at 9:54 AM, golfntob said:

IslandHppy, Just the info we were looking for.  Thank you!  Any chance you have a pic of the food menu?  We're planning to do the "pay as you go" route.

Thanks.  20220824_111702.thumb.jpg.1af58913cfab9514cc22c8c7e55d5e00.jpg

20220824_114441.jpg

Edited by IslandHppy