Eurodam stateroom on Navigation deck

Bucketlist22

22 minutes ago, Bucketlist22 said:

Is anyone familiar with staterooms on the Navigation deck 8 forward near the bridge?These would be vf8001-8008. Do you feel the movement of the ship during sailing. I’m a little concerned about it. How about noise?  Thx

We stayed in 8022 and 8024 on the Eurodam in December.  The rooms were very quiet due to being under spa treatment rooms which are totally unused at night.  We felt some movement but nothing too bad and we had 6-8' seas a couple days.

If you are sure you want to get into one of the 8001-8008 cabins, you might not want to book 8001-8004.  They look to be under part of the fitness center which could cause some noise during open hours.

• Thanks 1

Those are our favorite cabins.  8003 and 8004 being our favorites.  I hope word does not get out so try to keep it secret!

As others have said...Very quiet because the spa/gym area is below you and you are in a nice upper corner of the ship with no thru traffic. 

They are also greatly priced, in our opinion, because they are VF's.  

We also like the location as being near the spa/gym and the lido pool/buffet...places we frequent.  And it's a nice needed long walk to/from the MDR. 

We've never had issues with motion.....but think we are not as sensitive to motion as other people post on here.  I don't get the center of the ship being calmer and prefer to be tucked away in our own "crow's nest" so to speak.

Edited by GulfShoresCruiser
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GulfShoresCruiser said:

Those are our favorite cabins.  8003 and 8004 being our favorites.  I hope word does not get out so try to keep it secret!

As others have said...Very quiet because the spa/gym area is below you and you are in a nice upper corner of the ship with no thru traffic. 

They are also greatly priced, in our opinion, because they are VF's.  

We also like the location as being near the spa/gym and the lido pool/buffet...places we frequent.  And it's a nice needed long walk to/from the MDR. 

We've never had issues with motion.....but think we are not as sensitive to motion as other people post on here.  I don't get the center of the ship being calmer and prefer to be tucked away in our own "crow's nest" so to speak.

Thank you for your feedback. We haven’t had problems in general in the past but have never been this high up and forward. I do like the Lido near by for iced tea for me and regular coffee for DH. I’ll keep it our secret 🤫

• 4 months later...
On 3/5/2022 at 7:27 PM, AFNavigator said:

We stayed in 8022 and 8024 on the Eurodam in December.  The rooms were very quiet due to being under spa treatment rooms which are totally unused at night.  We felt some movement but nothing too bad and we had 6-8' seas a couple days.

If you are sure you want to get into one of the 8001-8008 cabins, you might not want to book 8001-8004.  They look to be under part of the fitness center which could cause some noise during open hours.

8024 is listed as obstructed view. What, if anything, was the obstruction from that room? 

We were in 8006 in May of 2019 for an Alaska cruise. Never noticed the motion or noise. Loved the location for access to the lido deck and the Crows Nest with the special coffee in the morning. Very quiet location. 

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

8024 is listed as obstructed view. What, if anything, was the obstruction from that room? 

Where did you see that Eurodam 8024 has an obstructed view?  8024 is a standard balcony cabin with no obstructions.  It is actually at the start of the indent in the ship so, peeking aft of the balcony partition, you can actually see more than just a 180 degree view. 

8 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

Where did you see that Eurodam 8024 has an obstructed view?  8024 is a standard balcony cabin with no obstructions.  It is actually at the start of the indent in the ship so, peeking aft of the balcony partition, you can actually see more than just a 180 degree view. 

I booked 8024 on sister ship Nieuw Amsterdam; my T/A and the paper work both say obstructed view. In fact, I got it cheaper than any interior room bc my T/A said they had one balcony left in their inventory but it was obstructed.  I checked the deck plans and can't figure out how it's obstructed at all? I haven't sailed yet and was searching for cabin info when your post came up. I was hopeful that you would notice the response; most appreciative of your reply and information. 

5 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I booked 8024 on sister ship Nieuw Amsterdam; my T/A and the paper work both say obstructed view. In fact, I got it cheaper than any interior room bc my T/A said they had one balcony left in their inventory but it was obstructed.  I checked the deck plans and can't figure out how it's obstructed at all? I haven't sailed yet and was searching for cabin info when your post came up. I was hopeful that you would notice the response; most appreciative of your reply and information. 

Here's an old vid (looks to be from 2014) someone posted of Nieuw Amsterdam cabin 8024.  The interior decor has been updated a bit (bigger flat screen TV mostly) and there are now newer deck chairs but the cabin layout is unchanged.  When the vid gets to the balcony, you can definitely see it is not an obstructed view balcony.

10 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I think you got lucky on that booking. The deck plan I’ve got does NOT show 8024 as obstructed at all. It has the symbol for a triple, but not for obstructed.  Someone’s mistake is your gain!

310B8509-2951-4920-A294-5997E3CDD211.thumb.png.adcea487f55a8a5c562b988214cf007d.png

7 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I agree, must be a lucky break my way.  Seems like a terrific spot under salon treatment rooms (should be quiet all evening), 1 quick flight of steps up to Lido deck. 

image.png.e689fdbec4821a028506cf8537f79da4.png

We never heard a sound from upstairs when we were in the Eurodam's 8024.  Even during the day, those spa treatment rooms were silent.

We definitely liked being just one deck down from the Lido pool area and the fitness center--very convenient.  If you are one to use the Spa therapy pool and thermal areas, 8024 is an awesome cabin location.

One tip, if you are heading to the lido buffet, sometimes it is nicer to take the deck 8 hallway aft to the midship elevator/stairs then go up a floor to the buffet entrance.  The lido pool area can get a bit stuffy if they have its glass ceiling closed or mostly closed.  The midship elevator area is nice too in that it has two glass elevators on each side of the ship--nice views.

21 minutes ago, AFNavigator said:

We never heard a sound from upstairs when we were in the Eurodam's 8024.  Even during the day, those spa treatment rooms were silent.

We definitely liked being just one deck down from the Lido pool area and the fitness center--very convenient.  If you are one to use the Spa therapy pool and thermal areas, 8024 is an awesome cabin location.

One tip, if you are heading to the lido buffet, sometimes it is nicer to take the deck 8 hallway aft to the midship elevator/stairs then go up a floor to the buffet entrance.  The lido pool area can get a bit stuffy if they have its glass ceiling closed or mostly closed.  The midship elevator area is nice too in that it has two glass elevators on each side of the ship--nice views.

Thank you for the help and speedy responses. Nice tips.  My next thing I am trying to determine is if the hydropool is included with fitness center access, or is the hydro pool an optional upcharge? 

Just now, LMaxwell said:

Thank you for the help and speedy responses. Nice tips.  My next thing I am trying to determine is if the hydropool is included with fitness center access, or is the hydro pool an optional upcharge? 

Sorry, the hydro pool is an upcharge.  It is included in the Thermal Suite package--no lower-cost option for just the hydro pool.

The fitness center is free though, except for extra charge fitness classes or personal trainer sessions.  I like to use spin bikes so I paid for the spin classes.  They were $20 each or they had a 3 sessions for $40 special.  Our 7 day cruise had 4 spin classes to choose from.  No problem making a reservation--only two of us did the spin bike classes.