Conquest Class "L" Shaped Balcony Cabins

Fla Mike

We have always wanted to stay in one of the "L" shaped balconies but they always seem to be gone when we are looking at cruises.

When decided to take a short cruise on the Freedom in May and room 7439 was available, Lovey said to book it.

For anyone that has stayed in one of these rooms, what were the pros and cons for you?

Did you miss not having the couch?

Was the room too cramped?

Any photos to share?

In looking at photos I see that the one I just stayed in was on the dream, not freedom. Also though, I was reminded that you can see the wake from your balcony, a lovely view. Here is one that it took of our room on the Dream.

20220306_183746.jpg

• Like 1

Never had one on a Conquest class ship, but did have one on Magic once. I'm one of those rare individuals who wasn't impressed. I like having the couch. One evening we decided to get room service and one of us had to sit on the bed to eat. The TV was in an awkward position where if I wanted to watch it I had to lay on the bed, which I don't like doing as I prefer to sit up and watch TV.  The layout also felt "off" like the bed was cutting the cabin in half and making it feel smaller. 

I did like the larger balcony and having a lounger for reading, but that was about the only plus for me. I booked it due to all the hype surrounding them and regretted it. I'm in the minority here but I wouldn't choose one again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IMG_5412.thumb.jpg.acdb8528ef8d5e375cd9697cffb94912.jpgIMG_5414.thumb.jpg.f267a38a95f609cab17d7de9f797b867.jpgIMG_5419.thumb.jpg.ea22da44b814bcf77a2c697b7db05ced.jpgIMG_5421.thumb.jpg.8b4be1d2a4200101edbd482f7ba96df1.jpgWe were in 7439 on the Glory in October. Loved the large balcony. They had the standard two chairs and table but also had a lounger which I used frequently. Didn't miss the couch at all. We liked the room and would book it again in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

I have sailed the “L shaped” cabins many times and try and get one when I sail the Conquest line. I have found that I don’t miss the couch. Usually it becomes a “catch all” for all our stuff. I love love the extra balcony space. It puts us just a bit more away from our neighbors and just feels so spacious!

• Like 1

We had L-shaped on the Liberty 2 years ago (last cruise until last week).........and loved it!!  Did not miss the couch, either. 

We went on the Mardi Gras last week & the 1st thing out of my DH's mouth was "is this our balcony???"  The L-shaped cabin balcony spoiled us.  I hope we can book it again sometime.

• Like 1

We've sailed the L a couple of times although on Magic.  We love it.  We spend most to all of our time outside so having a larger balcony for the same price as a standard balcony was perfect.  I'd sit in the chair while my wife would lounge.

19 hours ago, Rudyard said:

Never had one on a Conquest class ship, but did have one on Magic once. I'm one of those rare individuals who wasn't impressed. I like having the couch. One evening we decided to get room service and one of us had to sit on the bed to eat. The TV was in an awkward position where if I wanted to watch it I had to lay on the bed, which I don't like doing as I prefer to sit up and watch TV.  The layout also felt "off" like the bed was cutting the cabin in half and making it feel smaller. 

I did like the larger balcony and having a lounger for reading, but that was about the only plus for me. I booked it due to all the hype surrounding them and regretted it. I'm in the minority here but I wouldn't choose one again. 

Rudyard, I have to say I’m with you on the couch business! I will never book another ship that does not have a couch in the room! I am not able to sit on a bed and watch tv or eat my breakfast, dinner or what have you, maybe in my younger days but not now!  We and our friends booked a balcony room on Elation a couple years ago right after they added the additional balcony rooms. I was really shocked when there wasn’t a sofa, never had a balcony room out of 36 cruises that didn’t have one! Didn’t even have a chair, only the stool under the desk! None of the 3 cabins did! We asked the steward about the chairs, he said they didn’t have any! We all ended up bringing a chair in from the balcony to be able for one of us to sit! I will never sail on Elation or her sister Ecstacy for that reason. Maybe when you’re young you don’t spend much time in your cabin, but when you’re older and less mobile, you appreciate a nice place to sit and rest!