Catamaran Sail decisions to make! I need updated info, its March 2022

Travel Mom

I am looking into 2 different Catamaran sails on SM.  Reviews are older.   Looking for anyone that has done either.

1.  Ship tour - NCL Golden Eagle sail, snorkel, beach 4 hours  (review says drink is only on return and beach time is 45 min) 

*I don't know how many people they take and its a decent price with some shore excursion discount

2. viator tour - private company  for 6 hours , sail and snorkel and beach multiple locations, more open bar, Pine island stop, 20 person max, 20 people max

but $60 more 

Lastly, Is the water warm enough end of March to enjoy??

Water should be warm enough to enjoy in late March - most people find it warm enough - can depend on general weather conditions to some extent. 

Golden Eagle offers a nice shore excursion - most recently that I know the snorkeling was in Little Bay and the beach stop was at Mullet.  Can be crowded or  not crowded - depends on how may sign up, of course.  If the Viator is $60 more per person that sounds kind of too expensive.

I would encourage you to find a private, non-ship excursion - dealing directly with the boat.  You can try  Enigma (Celine Charters), which is power cat; Random Wind; Boomerang (power cat); just google names and check out websites.  Note that many sail cats do not actually sail much if at all on a shore excursion for cruisers.  If you just want nice relaxing day on water with a little snorkeling - on a sailing cat - with boat close to pier - I can recommend Random Wind. 

• 4 weeks later...