Beach recommendation by taxi

boomie

Our friends missed the ship and will be meeting us in Roatan hopefully after they check in. We need a beach recommendation by taxi since they can’t take a shore excursion. 

Any recommendations? We don’t need a drink package and are travelling with younger children. 

I remember going to Roatan years ago where they had these really shallow waters, there was a rocky area as well. Cab just told me it was called west bay beach, but thats just the general area. Any one know where this is or can give a recommendation?

West Bay Beach is the premiere beach on the island, ya know post card perfect. I am not at all sure where the rocks come in other than the iron shore wall.  

Taxi are not regulated on the island.  Unless you pay for both directions and trust the guy to return you maybe missing the ship as well. Because of the challenges most of us reccommed a day pass with transport included. Infinity Bay, Paradise Beach Club, Mayan Princess and a hand full of others do this.  

Which ship?  Which port?

Hitting  West Bay from Coxen Hole vs Mahogany Bay via taxi is different.  And At Mahogany Bay there 's a beach there, no charge, except for food and drink.  That said, West Bay is a better beach.  Bananarama has a relatively cheap package that makes sense from Mahogany Bay, so check them out as well.  They're same long beach as the other spots Guest 2000 mentioned.

Both times I went to Roatan I used guides I found just outside the cruise port.  Both times the guide stayed with us the whole day.  Just last week we used Larson, who had his own car and took us where we wanted to go.  He charged $50.00 for the day (we gave extra as a tip and also bought him lunch).  He will watch your stuff on the beach and take you where ever you want to go.  They carry badges with their license numbers to be a guide and I found this is the best way to tour.  Use Larson he was very accomodating and suggested a great spot for snorkeling.  Plus he is dedicated to just you and your party.  Don't go on a bus with those you don't know.

• Like 1