Would You Like Another News Channel Besides Cnn When On Board?

tuggers

Glad I'm not the only one who watches a little news while I'm on board!

One thing I don't like about CNN, even the regular one and not just the Headline News, they repeat the same thing over and over and over. It seems the other news channels at least update or reword or something. After about the 10th time I hear it I start repeating the words with them! This is not a good thing!:)

[quote name='DGF']YES

Addition of BBC and CBC or CTV; the latter two to cover the Canadian news would be perfect[/QUOTE]

The CBC and CTV, we don't know how lucky we are..both are excellent for news..Global is not bad either :). Voted for the BBC 'cause the chance of a Canadian network beaming aboard is zilch.

YES, I'd love to have Fox News Channel too. I watch it enough to realize that they do indeed have [I]news. [/I]What I've always seen on "X" is the boring CNN International News. 2 minutes of that, and I'm asleep. Sorry, but I'm too much of a realist to totally isolate myself from the world just because I'm on a cruise. I do indeed care about what's happening out there, and don't want to get blind sided when I get off the ship and turn the radio on in my car. I'd love to have the Weather Channel too. Have you ever been on a cruise with a hurricane headed directly towards where you live at, and couldn't get any news about it? I have. Even the regular CNN would be better than CNN International, but I want [I]real news, fair and balanced, we report, you decide. :) [/I]

[I]Ken[/I]

[quote name='lionheart']However, showing CNN, the ship lists to port. Maybe by adding Fox, the ship would steady out.:D (and the ship would make better time)

Kurt[/QUOTE]

No, the Fox fans only think that because their body thinks everything except FOX tilts to the left.

[quote name='rjg41']No, the Fox fans only think that because their body thinks everything except FOX tilts to the left.[/quote]

Its been proven that most media outlets do tilt to the left. The vast majority of news anchors (e.g. Dan Rather) and reporters are democrats and/or liberals. One poll I saw, stated around 90% voted Dem. in the last election. For a time, this was the only news avaiable. Now their are additional chocies and the liberal news monopoly is not what it use to be.
Its also interesting, that someone would "know" what a fox fan body would think...

Kurt

[quote name='lionheart']Its been proven that most media outlets do tilt to the left. The vast majority of news anchors (e.g. Dan Rather) and reporters are democrats and/or liberals. One poll I saw, stated around 90% voted Dem. in the last election. For a time, this was the only news avaiable. Now their are additional chocies and the liberal news monopoly is not what it use to be.
Its also interesting, that someone would "know" what a fox fan body would think...

Kurt[/QUOTE]

I have a hunch that at least 90% of the owners of the major media companies voted Republican :D. Does it really matter?

[quote name='BobBeaSea']I have a hunch that at least 90% of the owners of the major media companies voted Republican :D. Does it really matter?[/quote]

My response was to another response. Plus, the poll I mentioned wasn't a hunch. It does matter...news' people ideological slant colors how we receieve the news and in turn influence people. It would be nice to have another option for news on board like Fox, etc.

In my opinion, ALL national and international news stations have a slant or spin to their news, in various directions. With that as a given, in my opinion each of them covers important events and I just adjust my listening to my view of their slant or spin. I hear what happened and then can go with it as I please. Beyond that, I have no desire for on and on analysis of events whole on vacation.

As all of our cruises have included other continents, we get CNN International and I do enjoy hearing news from the areas I am visiting, not just the US. I am not sure how many other channels have international editions. Of course, I miss some hometown local news, but that would be impossible to provide for a ship with its diverse hometowns. Repition - yes and boring, but the same can be said for our news at home, regardless of the network/cable channel, at least where I live.

I'd like to see Fox news channel added or at least have the American based version of CNN. Both channels would be nice. While I don't go on vacation to listen to the news, I sometimes listen when I'm resting or cleaning up in my cabin. I also like to have more than one news channel to switch back and forth for different views.

Frankly, I'm glad that they only show CNN!! My DW watches 4 hours a day of FOX NEWS at home, and on the ship I can watch a movie!!
And with the printed paper being delivered daily, except Sunday, it's just about the right amount of news for me!!
I cruise to relax, not wanting to know everything that is happening in the world at every second.

Rick

[quote name='lionheart']Its been proven that most media outlets do tilt to the left. The vast majority of news anchors (e.g. Dan Rather) and reporters are democrats and/or liberals. One poll I saw, stated around 90% voted Dem. in the last election. For a time, this was the only news avaiable. Now their are additional chocies and the liberal news monopoly is not what it use to be.

Kurt[/QUOTE]

A FOX piece of FAUX news.

Haven't had time to read this thread yet but was intrigued by the title. Since I am part of the "vast right wing conspiracy" I would very much like it if Fox News were available.

I will not stay in a hotel more than once that only offers the liberal bias of CNN with no alternative. I am always amused by people who take offense at Fox News conservative leanings when they have absolutely no problem with CNN or MSNBC or any of the other mainstream medias slavish devotion to liberalism.

[quote name='tuggers']I like to keep up with the main things that happen while I'm away but get tired of CNN. I don't think they do the best job of covering news. Was just wondering if anyone else would like it replaced with another channel and if so which one, or like to see a second news channel added.[/quote]

We also had CNBC on our South America cruise. That was great!

Archived