Explorer Feb 2023 - taken off line?

Wetmib

7 minutes ago, Wetmib said:

I was looking to see about our booking for Feb 2023, and it looks like, today, at this time, there are at least 3 unbookables.

Any insight?

There are a couple of threads on this.  Appears it is going into Dry dock and then resuming cruises out of Florida before a TA

5 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

There are a couple of threads on this.  Appears it is going into Dry dock and then resuming cruises out of Florida before a TA

Oh, sorry for the dup...I'll go search  

thanks

We had a February 2023 8 day cruise booked on Explorer.  RCCL gave us 3 alternatives to choose from or to totally cancel and book something else on your own.  Two of the options were on Odyssey and one on Oasis.  Itineraries we’re basically the same.  If you chose one of their options, you were given $200 OBC.  We chose an 8 day on Odyssey that included our 45th anniversary…the reason for the original booking.   

thanks - I searched all my emails and our ta never passed the info onto us - so we missed the deadline to take advantage of what they were offering. We've rebooked on the last before dry dock - 1-21.. we'll see how that goes..and no I didn't use the first TA - had to scramble to find another one also..but hey, I'm talking about the troubles to book a cruise ...lol   happy friday all. and Thanks again

• Like 1

I think in general we will be seeing more of this with different ships as the pandemic cruising stop interfered with a number of drydock refits and refurbishments, and with the growing restart these ships drydocks will begin to be rescheduled.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

4 hours ago, Wetmib said:

thanks - I searched all my emails and our ta never passed the info onto us - so we missed the deadline to take advantage of what they were offering. We've rebooked on the last before dry dock - 1-21.. we'll see how that goes..and no I didn't use the first TA - had to scramble to find another one also..but hey, I'm talking about the troubles to book a cruise ...lol   happy friday all. and Thanks again

A shame your TA didn’t get the information to you.  We were on a b2b on Symphony when our TA got the email.  She immediately contacted us while we were sailing in case we wanted to book something totally different while onboard.  We ❤️ Our TA!!!

• Like 1