New Horizon Ferry to Jost Van Dyke

jbiker

Has anyone done this ferry out of West End?  Looking to spend more time at Soggy Dollar Bar.  Checking to see if their schedule is running the same and if you would need to arrange for tickets ahead of time or if we can just wait until that day. thanks

• 2 months later...

Will there be taxis to get from Great Harbor to White Bay/Soggy Dollar?  We on a cruise that is only at Tortola from 6am to 1pm.  We are planning on getting a taxi to West End and taking the 8am ferry from West End to Great Harbor.  We have to be back on the 12pm ferry back to West End.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 8:54 AM, blue_water said:

Their schedule is here, just get tickets that day. Allow at least 30 minutes for taxi there and back.

https://www.newhorizonferry.com/ferry-schedules/

If we dock at 7, do you think I have time to make the 8 a.m. ferry? Otherwise, it's the 10 a.m. one and have to return at noon. There aren't any ship excursions showing for Jost Van Dyke yet. We sail May 2023

If you are not delayed disembarking you should be fine. And the taxi coordinator or nice ladies at the info booth will be able to tell you if you have time…

But I’m sure the ship-sponsored options will show up later. If interested in that option be sure to keep checking as they are very popular…

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 8:42 PM, blue_water said:

If you are not delayed disembarking you should be fine. And the taxi coordinator or nice ladies at the info booth will be able to tell you if you have time…

But I’m sure the ship-sponsored options will show up later. If interested in that option be sure to keep checking as they are very popular…

Thanks! I will keep checking.

I'll be docking in Tortola on 7/7/22 and was hoping someone could share the experience on getting to Josh Van Dyke and back. 

We dock at 6am so should give us plenty of time to get to the Ferry by 8am.  I'm more concerned with the return trip  at 12.  Is an hour enough time to catch a Ferry in JVD and then a taxi ride back to the ship?  

Can someone please provide details on the experience you had? 

What is your BOB time? 1PM? With the ~25 minute ferry and ~20 minute taxi you should be fine with an hour…As long as your ship doesn’t leave at 1PM? 😮

Of course any delays with the ferry could be a problem…