Haven Upgrade

sarlin

Hello,

My DH and I are currently in a HI Haven Suite and have the opportunity to bid on a HF on the Breakaway. The HI is near the SPA and the HF is in acctually in the Haven. The price quoted is 300pp.  What is the price we should bid for it?

We have never been in the Haven before.  This is a celebratory cruise to celebrate our retirements-which happened 2 years ago but due to the Pandemic we've had to reschedule multiple times-like most of you.  We plan on doing absolutely nothing for a week.

Thanks All

I know some people have got great deals out of the upgrade process, but I personally just don't like the uncertainty of it all. On my last 2 cruises, and my upcoming NCL Joy cruise as well, I've started out putting in bids, but then just kept an eye on how much it cost to do a straightforward upgrade, and in all 3 cases the price dropped low enough that I just paid the difference and upgraded directly with the cruise line rather than wait for the bidding process to resolve.

I'd ask you how happy you are with your current room, and how much you want the upgrade? If it's just a whim then bid the minimum. The more meaningful it would feel, raise your bid a bit more. But, in any case, I advise you occasionally check to see what a direct upgrade would cost because you may be pleasantly surprised that it approaches your bid amount, especially if you bid more than the minimum.

Regardless of how it turns out I'm sure you'll have a great time and CONGRATULATIONS on your retirement! I'm hoping to do the same in about 3 years. Have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

Hi Sarlin, 

That is a great question - a really hard to give a hard and fast answer. When we bid on an upgrade, we figure out how much it would cost to upgrade the "normal" way and bid somewhat less than that. After all, if you're willing to bid as much as it costs to upgrade normally, why not just do the upgrade and be done with it?

Good luck whatever you decide, and congratulations!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sarlin said:

My DH and I are currently in a HI Haven Suite and have the opportunity to bid on a HF on the Breakaway. The HI is near the SPA and the HF is in acctually in the Haven. The price quoted is 300pp.  

Do you want to NOT have the Thermal Spa access?

Many would remain in the HI for "that reason" alone (SPA and Haven access for the lower price)!

• Like 1

I've been in both and prefer the spa room way better: it's less expensive, it's nice and roomy with a big tub in the room and premium shower in the bathroom; you get thermal spa access; and it's close enough to the Haven proper, but NOT within it's walls. 

Being in the Haven proper, for me, is rather stifling to see the same people all the time whether you're coming or going or hanging out in the bar or courtyard.  I like the Haven location more as a very short walk destination.

8 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

Do you want to NOT have the Thermal Spa access?

Many would remain in the HI for "that reason" alone (SPA and Haven access for the lower price)!

We've been in  the Thermal Spa before in a Balcony.  It was wonderful but I think we could be happy in the Haven area too.  Thanks for your insight though.

• Like 1