Royal Up not working

17 minutes ago, dasi11 said:

Not everyone is offered royal up.  It seems to be the luck of the draw.  I don't think it has anything to do with who you booked with.  

We had one royal suite, 2 grand suites and 2 junior suites booked last Dec.  We wanted to upgrade the Junior suites to Grands...  Only one of the junior suites was able to do the royal up.  Both juniors had Diamond plus people cruising in them.  But the room that was not able to royal up had 150 more status points so even your point status does not matter for royal up.  We kept calling and asking to just pay for the upgrade so we all could eat in Coastal Kitchen together since they were blocking junior suites due to Capacity issues.  

They said bookings were sealed and just to try royal up for the upgrade.  We did not care about the price.  We wanted the rooms upgraded.  We asked why one of the rooms did not get the royal up option and we were told not all rooms get the option and it was a lottery for the offer to upgrade. 

We kept trying to upgrade those 2 rooms!  When final payment was due 30 days before the cruise we tried again to get those rooms upgraded.  Since we could not even get on a waiting list to get those rooms upgraded we canceled ALL the rooms and did not go.

If we could have just put in the maximum amount to royal up for both rooms, we would have taken the chance.  

Two things can be be at the same time😊

For some people, it is about their travel agency not participating.   One non-participating big box agency has been mentioned on this thread (C*****o); it is in their FAQ’s….people who book through them will not be be able to bid through RoyalUp.  There may be other TA’s who have opted out.

In addition, we hear reports like yours of reservations that never have the opportunity to bid for no obvious reason.  Frustrating, I am sure, but it does not make the above paragraph untrue.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cured said:

Absolutely NOT true. If you are booked with a TA that does not participate in RU, you cannot RU.  Not sure why you keep arguing when a highly regarded TA has told you that you cannot and someone else actually provided the verbiage that says you cannot.

Just because you think you know how it works does not make you right.  It has been well known since RU started in 2019 that if you book with particular travel agencies, most well known is the big box listed, you cannot participate in RU. One of the reasons I choose not to use the big box.

I use a big TA company, popular on that site where you "compete." I asked them specifically cause we have always been able to RU, no matter the TA. I posted the answer for your edification. Believe what you want! 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

I am sure you know more than a TA. Insert eye roll@

That's funny.

Believe it or not there are other TAs on this board. Vicki Freed discussed Royal Up and the fact that TAs earn extra commission on last weeks Coffee Talk. I guess your TA wasn't on that call. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

I use a big TA company, popular on that site where you "compete." I asked them specifically cause we have always been able to RU, no matter the TA. I posted the answer for your edification. Believe what you want! 

Congratulations. You TA has not opted out of  Royal UP.  I prefer to believe the very well regarded TA's answer above and the other TAs on here,

that said there are definitely TAs that opt out and if you book with one of them (Costco being one of them,)  you absolutely cannot RU under any circumstance.

Unless of course, in your own words, you know more than a TA, insert eyeroll .

I am beginning to think it is Spring Break in your household.

Edited by cured

12 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

And, you need a new Travel Agent since she is either lying to you or has no clue about commissionable upcharges.

Here it is straight from Royal Caribbean's website:'

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/are-the-royalup-upcharges-commissionable

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, cured said:

And, you need a new Travel Agent since she is either lying to you or has no clue about commissionable upcharges.

Here it is straight from Royal Caribbean's website:'

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/are-the-royalup-upcharges-commissionable

I am good, but thanks for the info.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

I am good, but thanks for the info.

Since you don't want to click on the link that proves your TA wrong, here it is in picture form.

Can't admit that perhaps you  received wrong information from your TA? She must be on salary at  that "compete" TA you were talking about, so doesn't know what is commissionable for her company. Or she is really, really bad at her job if she doesn't know the basics of how she can earn her money.

I am not a TA, however, reading all the good advice from all the knowledgeable TA's on this site, even I knew that a TA could earn money from a Royal Up.  You have been on this site since 2004, surely you have run across this information previously?

image.thumb.png.6a574f5493a4db2484f52ff0454de093.png

Edited by cured
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, cured said:

Since you don't want to click on the link that proves your TA wrong, here it is in picture form.

Can't admit that perhaps you  received wrong information from your TA? She must be on salary at  that "compete" TA you were talking about, so doesn't know what is commissionable for her company. Or she is really, really bad at her job if she doesn't know the basics of how she can earn her money.

I am not a TA, however, reading all the good advice from all the knowledgeable TA's on this site, even I knew that a TA could earn money from a Royal Up.  You have been on this site since 2004, surely you have run across this information previously?

image.thumb.png.6a574f5493a4db2484f52ff0454de093.png

I did click and I thanked you. Sorry if that was not clear. 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Most agencies, big and small, seem to participate, so I am not surprised that yours does.  Still, if really you have a burning desire to personally experience the fact that booking with certain TA’s will prevent  you from bidding via RoyalUp, just book one cruise through Cos**co; you can then then join the ranks of cruisers who have learned this lesson.  Or you can just believe the other posters who have no reason to lie to you

On 3/16/2022 at 5:07 PM, Italy52 said:

Have done all of the above with no success.  Like I said, I believe it is because we use a BB TA.

Our travel agent is with AAA and she had to specifically opt us in to be able to bid

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Most agencies, big and small, seem to participate, so I am not surprised that yours does.  Still, if really you have a burning desire to personally experience the fact that booking with certain TA’s will prevent  you from bidding via RoyalUp, just book one cruise through Cos**co; you can then then join the ranks of cruisers who have learned this lesson.  Or you can just believe the other posters who have no reason to lie to you

No thanks.