Has anyone post(ish) pandemic been able to get an excursion price match?

gnatz007

I have sent 4 emails to shoreexcursions@princesscruises.com since mid December, trying to get a price match for an excursion on our April 2nd cruise and have not received any responses.    We have tried calling our cruise rep at princess.   Nothing seems to work.   Wondering what others experience has been recently.  Super frustrating that we can't get an answer anywhere.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Did you ever hear back? I too have sent emails , twice, and haven’t heard back. On the form it says 2-3 days. I don’t have a cruise rep, use a TA. Not sure what else to do? Ideas?

I had to fight tooth and nail for price matches before covid, can only imagine it would be so much worse now.

I once tried to price match a Hawaiian Luau. I was denied as the princess excursion included the travel time, while the Luau booked directly from Germain's didn't, even though they provided transportation.  Same Luau, same time, same night, everything was the same, other than princess counted travel time and Germain's didn't. I ended up going all force blast on social media and was 'suddenly' contacted by princess, who stated that they'd price match.  

That's the only way I've ever been able to price match any excursions, public humiliation. 

39 minutes ago, memoak said:

Price.matching on excursions is virtually impossible since it must be an exact match. Any small difference will mean no price match 

Same, I sent an email, called etc and had confirmation it was the same excrusion, pick up right from outside cruise terminal so no travel time, no response. I had OBC that I wanted to use rather than book outside that was $40 cheaper. It wasn't until I took to twitter, emailed shareholders and CEO that all of a sudden I had a price match. Saved $160 (was 4 people) plus the extra 10%. It is frustrating they have this marketing gimmick and no follow up or intention to follow up. I am going on another cruise in Nov. and am going to have the same issue for an excursion to Las Caletas. I can book through Princess for $149 each and use the OBC to pay for it or I can pay cash for $110 for 4 people through the company directly (only one company does excursions here). I have $200 pp OBC so I prefer to book through Princess but it's a hard pill to swallow to overpay when I shouldn't have to. At least price match, I do not need the extra 10% back.