Camp Ocean

myacuna

I have not cruised Carnival in quite a long time....but we are looking at an early June cruise with the kids and I am just now starting to research kids club options available.

I realize that this is a purely speculative question, but what is the likelihood of CO/Night Owl availability for the under 5 kiddos by then? I have to assume that at some point sooner or later, the vaccine is going to be released to this age set and/or Carnival is going to drop vaccine requirements to an extent. My booking decision is 100% based on CO being available for my 1.5 year old, and I am in no rush to book. But I at least like to think it through in the meantime. 

There's really no way to know that, but my guess is that it's unlikely. Carnival seems to be ramping up vaccine requirements (for those eligible), not getting rid of them.

And, apparently, vaccine trials aren't going well for the under 5 set. It doesn't seem to be working as well for them.

Edited by Pyxie
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

There's really no way to know that, but my guess is that it's unlikely. Carnival seems to be ramping up vaccine requirements (for those eligible), not getting rid of them.

And, apparently, vaccine trials aren't going well for the under 5 set. It doesn't seem to be working as well for them.

Thank you for the insight. We pushed a Royal cruise from April to Nov in hopes of a change. My daughter is in the Moderna trial so she is technically vaccinated (per tests) but obviously Carnival cannot count that at this time 

It looks like you are an experienced Carnival cruiser but you are aware that even when operating fully CO has very limited hours for you to leave your child (under 2) with them, and that it will be paid? We took our 18 month old pre-pandemic and the options for CO were very slim. 

• Like 1

@x lindsay x yeah I was trying to go back in my memories (so hard at this point) to see when we started cruising with our son on carnival and I’m thinking this is when we switched to royal for a bit bc they have a nursery. So that may be what we do again for June. Thank you for the memory jog! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, myacuna said:

I have not cruised Carnival in quite a long time....but we are looking at an early June cruise with the kids and I am just now starting to research kids club options available.

I realize that this is a purely speculative question, but what is the likelihood of CO/Night Owl availability for the under 5 kiddos by then? I have to assume that at some point sooner or later, the vaccine is going to be released to this age set and/or Carnival is going to drop vaccine requirements to an extent. My booking decision is 100% based on CO being available for my 1.5 year old, and I am in no rush to book. But I at least like to think it through in the meantime. 

We are right here with you hoping and praying the club is open in early June for our cruise as well for our 4 year old, but I can say I am not optimistic about that happening, I just can’t see what Carnival will have to gain from opening it. What we ended up doing though since we got some amazing offers a few weeks ago is just booking one of my older nieces to come along with us- she gets a free cruise in exchange for babysitter services when needed LOL. Still not as good as baby girl being able to interact with others her age but at least me and daddy can get some free time together.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm really confused.  We decided not to go on a cruise this summer because our 4 year old's can't use CO.  However I found this image on another post implying Camp Ocean was open on the Radiance last month for 2-5yo's?

camp ocean 1.jpeg

camp ocean 2.jpeg

• Like 2

Possibly penguins was open for vaccinated 5 year-olds?  That would be a small group for an entire room.  As carnival has maintained Penguins as 2-5 age group hopefully this means it can return in full soon.

8 hours ago, MBCruising said:

Possibly penguins was open for vaccinated 5 year-olds?  That would be a small group for an entire room.  As carnival has maintained Penguins as 2-5 age group hopefully this means it can return in full soon.

Both of my 4 year olds will be vaccinated as soon as they are able to, but I guess without a date that we know they can attend CO, we'll be waiting to book.