Sail in 23 days and my paid-off balance now shows a balance owed??

I check my cruise planner daily and today when I looked it says I still owe $267 for our cruise in 23 days even though it's been paid off since March 10 and I have the vacation receipt to prove it.  Not only that but I paid more than $400 more than what our cruise now costs since I've repriced several times.  What gives???  I'm now on hold to figure it out, but what is wrong with their systems?   Does this happen to others?

I had something similar where at the time I went to make the final payment the price owed did not reflect my previous balance due.  It was off by about +$700.  I called them and they did say there was a problem with the system and made the correction.  Just to provide some more information that may (or may not) be relevant it was a cruise that was moved due to cancellation (covid) and re-booked one year later.  It also included a price reduction.  Not sure if that is complicating things on the system side.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, koxler said:

I had something similar where at the time I went to make the final payment the price owed did not reflect my previous balance due.  It was off by about +$700.  I called them and they did say there was a problem with the system and made the correction.  Just to provide some more information that may (or may not) be relevant it was a cruise that was moved due to cancellation (covid) and re-booked one year later.  It also included a price reduction.  Not sure if that is complicating things on the system side.

Thanks for sharing your experience.  Mine was also originally a May 2020 cruise and rescheduled numerous times and also paid for almost entirely with FCC.  I spent 1.5 hours on hold with RCCL today and the rep told me that after he and the resolutions dept looked into the situation it looks like some issue with one of the FCCs.  The weird part is that I have not applied any FCC to the booking for several weeks as final payment was March 11 and I was paid in full before that.  RCCL extended my final payment date while they "fix the problem", supposedly by March 30, for my cruise departing on April 10.  Makes me nervous, this entire situation. I hope they resolve it correctly and before the cruise and don't make me deal with a big mess right before my long-awaited vacation!

Authorized ta to make final payment for 4/23 Jewel cruise. Noticed it didn’t appear on our cc. Ta investigated. Payment was off by a penny, though not sure why they still didn't put it through.  It appears that there was a commission error.   Ta was fixing it.  Since we were paying the amount on Royal's confirmation not sure why they all of a sudden were missing a penny. 

Just now, packedandready said:

Where do you go online to see balance. I have an invoice with a $0 balance, but would like to see it online. Since it's not highlighted on the cruise planner page I can't access it.

Since I use a ta mine isn't online. I do get a confirmation from Royal. 

3 minutes ago, packedandready said:

Where do you go online to see balance. I have an invoice with a $0 balance, but would like to see it online. Since it's not highlighted on the cruise planner page I can't access it.

You can go to RCCL website, sign in and view your upcoming cruises and it's also where you "plan your cruise" with excursions, packages, etc.  In your cruise planner you can view your balance if you have one.  If you do not have a balance owed you will not be able to click the link to view your payments any longer.

Edited by adidas5676
missing info

9 minutes ago, adidas5676 said:

You can go to RCCL website, sign in and view your upcoming cruises and it's also where you "plan your cruise" with excursions, packages, etc.  In your cruise planner you can view your balance if you have one.  If you do not have a balance owed you will not be able to click the link to view your payments any longer.

Thank you