Sailabration on the Pride

tlw440

My opinion of the Sailabration cruise on the Pride. It didn't live up to the hype, having said that we had a great cruise. The crew was great and very friendly and did a great job. The cruise director was the worst that we have ever sailed with and this was our 23rd cruise, the debarkation was a disaster for self assist. The food was good but sometimes not warm enough in the main dining room. The deli was subpar. The entertainers in the main lounge were hit or miss, some were good some not so good. We enjoyed listening to Rick and Ruby in the lobby, if you are on a cruise with them be sure to go listen to them. It was good to be cruising again after missing the last 2 years, we still love Carnival.

It wasn’t just self debark that was bad.  We knew we were arriving to port at least 90 minutes late- so when they finally started calling luggage zoned there were still NO airport transfer buses waiting.  We stood outside waiting while people missef their flights, called uber, tried to find rental cars… it was a mess.  We had a 2:30 flight and I decided if a bus did not come by 12:45 I would get an uber.  At 12:35 the first bus showed up and we jumped ahead of people (with permission) who had later flights.  We got there in time- but waiting until 12:30 to catch a bus scheduled to leave at 8:30 and 9:30 did not give me a warm fuzzy feeling.  🙂

Agree. It was a good cruise, but sailabration was 'meh". Debark was the worst we have experienced since 1995. We should have been on time with two sea days. Yes, there was weather, but they should have planned for this and adjusted speed on first of two sea days to put us in a better position for arrival time. Sorry for those heading to airport. We are local and the traffic was a cluster. Seems like next cruise did not know to arrive later, parking lot was a madhouse.

On 3/18/2022 at 4:33 PM, wesorbeth said:

UGH! Sorry that was your experience! We were on the Pride in October and really enjoyed Frankie.  We had an awful debarkation out of Mobile once, did not get off the ship until 11 we felt like hostages!

Frankie wasn't our cruise director, ours was Alexis he was terrible.

On 3/19/2022 at 10:01 PM, tlw440 said:

We had an awful debarkation out of Mobile once, did not get off the ship until 11 we felt like hostages!

I remember a cruise once- possibly on HAL into Boston- CBP was way understaffed, and we were in the aft outdoor buffet seating area, waiting patiently.  It was nearly 11, and we had a 4PM flight.  All I could think of was- in few minutes, we could have the welcome aboard buffet lunch 🙂