Taking infant ashore

christinalvt

Hi everyone! I know these protocols change a lot according to Covid guidelines, but I’m having a hard time finding RECENT rules about taking infants ashore. I read that you have to be on a Carnival excursion, is this true? Has anyone been on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary ( San Juan, Amber Cove, Grand Turk) and been able to bring an infant ashore without an excursion? Thanks!

15 minutes ago, christinalvt said:

Hi everyone! I know these protocols change a lot according to Covid guidelines, but I’m having a hard time finding RECENT rules about taking infants ashore. I read that you have to be on a Carnival excursion, is this true? Has anyone been on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary ( San Juan, Amber Cove, Grand Turk) and been able to bring an infant ashore without an excursion? Thanks!

Haven’t sailed yet but just booked a cruise with our 20 month old and the emails that came along with our booking reminded us that we can only book Carnival excursions with unvaccinated guests, ie our daughter! 

4 minutes ago, Abr155 said:

Haven’t sailed yet but just booked a cruise with our 20 month old and the emails that came along with our booking reminded us that we can only book Carnival excursions with unvaccinated guests, ie our daughter! 

I’m hoping that will change by our cruise in May!

12 minutes ago, christinalvt said:

I’m hoping that will change by our cruise in May!

Same! We cruise in October so realllly hoping. Take a look at this:

https://www.carnival.com/legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols

Looks like some of your ports have even stricter protocols:

A03B7FA1-6CAC-477E-AF5D-6C0B9EEFC8FE.png

Edited by Abr155

13 hours ago, christinalvt said:

There is a link at the top of Carnival's site updated as of March 10. Must purchase a Carnival (bubble) tour to get off in Gran Turk or Amber Cove. They do allow guests to visit inside the port area after their tour. 

Says unvaccinated must remain on ship in San Juan. Unvaccinated are free to get off only at the private islands, Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays.

13 hours ago, christinalvt said:

We were on the Magic last week and towards the end of the cruise it was announced that bubble tours were no longer needed as part of the protocols so only had to follow requirements for specific ports

1 hour ago, dbrucern said:

We were on the Magic last week and towards the end of the cruise it was announced that bubble tours were no longer needed as part of the protocols so only had to follow requirements for specific ports

I was wondering about that when reading the 3/10 update. It just said purchase Carnival tours, but didn't mention "bubble."

Well since it seems to be that it’s up to the individual ports, I checked each one and they all say that unvaccinated travelers under 12 are exempt, so that means we can take the baby off the ship.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Christina

1 hour ago, christinalvt said:

Well since it seems to be that it’s up to the individual ports, I checked each one and they all say that unvaccinated travelers under 12 are exempt, so that means we can take the baby off the ship.

Christina

Christina, it does not say that on the Carnival site, you still have to book a tour to get off the ship with an unvaccinated child. https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_072821

It still reads:

Shore Excursions and Destination Requirements
  • Unvaccinated guests cannot go ashore in the ports of call on their own. Guests may only debark in the ports of call if booked on a Carnival tour (some exclusions apply). At the conclusion of the tour, guests are encouraged to return to the ship; however, they may also enjoy dining and shopping in the port facility area.
  • In the event you choose not to purchase a Carnival tour, unvaccinated guests will have to remain on board.

On 3/18/2022 at 10:50 AM, christinalvt said:

Christina

Just got off the Vista  this morning with our 19 month old, had to book a Carnival excursion to take her off the ship.

No, as of right now you WILL NOT be able to take the baby off the ship without an excursion, not matter how much you want that to be true. As of right now you cannot get off unless you have a booked excursion. That's unlikely to change for May. This is for ALL ports. It DOES NOT vary by port. It doesn't matter what the port says, Carnival will not let you off the ship without an excursion booked through Carnival. 

On 3/20/2022 at 11:05 AM, christinalvt said:

May I ask what port you’re referring to? It may differ by ports. Thanks!

It was for all the ports on this cruise (Cozumel Belize Mahogany Bay), it is fleet wide per guest services.  Hopefully this changes soon, it seems pretty silly at this point.