Los Angeles Hotels Post Cruise under $300 a night in safe area.

eltigre

I have done the search, I have gone back pages & pages searching and I can't seem to find a topic on LA Hotels.

We want to stay 2 nights in a relatively safe area & do some sight seeing. The Bus Tour of Hollywood, Griffith Observatory, Tar Pits.

Saint Greg was at Lowes but that is beyond our budget, especially being Canadian and paying the exchange rate at average 28%.

Can anyone help with areas, and or hotel suggestions?  We will Uber it to places the bus tours don't go.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/29/2022 at 11:37 PM, breezy270 said:

The Beverly Garland or the Sportsman’s Lodge are good choices. 

The Beverly Garland is a very nice hotel, but only if you have a car. It is also in the San Fernando Valley, on the "wrong side" of the hills, as is the Sportsman's Lodge.

1 hour ago, Ranyw said:

The universal Hilton and universal Marriott are nice.

Again, two very nice hotels, but ONLY GOOD for visiting Universal Studios & City Walk. They are isolated by being on top of the hill that is Universal Studios.

Key on the intersection of Hollywood Blvd and Highland Ave, that is where the subway is. There are hotels/motels in all budgets within easy walking distance including the aforementioned Magic Castle Hotel, Hollywood Celebrity Hotel, Tommie Hollywood, Dream Hollywood and Hilton Garden Inn LA Hollywood. Plus there is the Holiday Inn Express Hollywood, Best Western Hollywood Plaza, Lexen Hotel, BLVD Hotel, and keep checking The Loews, The Proper and The Roosevelt for price drops.

• Like 1