Soda and internet on harmony of the seas

Two questions. Soda package states you get a mug. Do I have to carry the mug around all the time. I really don’t want to carry this mug around with me. I just wanna be able to go up to the bartender and say I want a soda. Will my card say something that I have the soda package.

Second on the Internet package do they have something that’s more inexpensive. I just wanna text a few times a day to my family just to make sure everything is all right.  Boom surf is $20 a day that seems kind of expensive.

thanks in advance

If your ship has the freestyle machines only the cup will work in the machine. You do not need the cup to order soda at any bar or in any restaurant. Your card will have an indicator that you purchased the soda package and your account will show the same when the card is swiped at the register. 

The internet is priced per day, per log in. The price varies based on ship and sailing. I’m not aware of anything cheaper unless you qualify for free internet time due to your loyalty status 

If your cruise is port intensive, there's often "free" wifi at port or nearby cafes/bars.  Ask a crew member, they'll know.  Some carriers have international programs that you can purchase as well, but don't think these work at sea.

6 hours ago, SailingMimi12 said:

I havent sailed since Nov 2019, but in the past you didnt need the mug to order sodas at bars or restaurants. You do need it when using the freestyle machine. Assuming it hasnt changed post-covid. 

Exactly the way it worked last week.