Current Mask Policy for European Cruises

DSMColorado

Hello, we are cruising on Sirena from Barcelona to London in May. Does anyone know what the current mask policy is for indoor areas. I know that Azamara have removed their requirements and wondered if Oceania had followed suit. 

Thanks in advance.

Best to Google Spain and GB requirements, not Oceania . Spain still requires masks for indoor and enclosed events. They are not required in the outdoors. Since your cruise will be in Spanish waters, Oceania must comply with their regulations. Oceania will have zero say on the issue.

The new BA2 variant of Covid is currently sweeping Europe, so one shouldn’t expect to go maskless indoors in Europe this year. We’ll be there in June, and fully anticipate that the mask requirements of 2021 will be in full effect for 2022 in Europe. 

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

You cannot expect a consistent attitude to this across the continent. Different countries have their own policies. As pointed out, Spain requires indoor mask wearing and I see nothing that suggests a change in the near future. On the other hand, at the other end of the OP's cruise, my government has removed ALL legal Covid restrictions in England (with the other three nations of the UK following at different speeds). And I see nothing that suggests a change in the near future, in spite of  rising infections, hospitalisations and deaths.

• Like 2