Need Help/Advice for Chops and Portofino

We're cruising during the holidays and need some advice and suggestions regarding Chops and Portofino. First does anyone have menus to share for either restaurant? Secondly, how does this work exactly? Do I pay the surcharge with my onboard card or do I use cash? Is tipping included in the price? If not, do we leave cash? Lastly, during the holidays do they have special menus on the actual holiday? In other words, is there a special dinner on Christmas day? Just trying to figure out which day to select for the restaurants.

Thanks.

Nick

You can pay your Chops and Portofino charges with your Sea Pass. They bring you a bill to sign with a tip included, but leave a space on the bill for you to add even more to the tip. If you choose to tip more, you write in the amount and that is also charged to your Sea Pass. Of course, if you choose intead to leave a cash tip on the table, you may.

I don't know about Christmas menus having never sailed over Christmas.

I don't have a menu handy to share with you but can say that Portofino's speciality is Italian with pasta, meat and fish selections which you may already know. Chops is a classic steak house, but also has pork, poultry, etc. They have a huge baked potato, football sized.

I am vegetarian, so the chef in Chops made me a wonderful pasta dish with a freshly made tomato sauce that was delicious. The staff in these two restaurants bend over backwards to be of service and make your dining experience pleasureable.

Just want to add this caveat. Some nights and times are very difficult to get reservations at these two popular restaurants. The easiest night is formal night. My advice is to go to the maitre d' as soon as you board and make your reservations so that you don't miss out on a chance to dine there.

Lastly, during the holidays do they have special menus on the actual holiday? In other words, is there a special dinner on Christmas day? Just trying to figure out which day to select for the restaurants.

Thanks.

Nick

We were on the Voyager over Thanksgiving. We ate at Portofinos for dinner Thanksgiving evening. The menu was the same as the rest of the week of the cruise. While everybody else was eating turkey dinner in the main dining room, we were having a wonderful Italian dinner.

Tim

Archived