Sky Suites 11197 & 11196 on Edge and Apex?

terrydtx

Has anyone been in SS #11197 or 11196 on the Edge or Apex? These are the first SS on the bump out midship on deck 11 and I was wondering if the forward view is better than the cabins that follow these? We are booked in 11197 next year on the Apex and 11196 in 2024 on the Edge. I have looked online at cabin pictures but nothing about the views from the balcony for these two cabins.

TIA.

Terry

Edited by terrydtx

• 1 year later...

Hello, I'm thinking of booking 11196 on Edge next year. Were you able to get any photos of the views? Also what are your thoughts if the particular cabin; its balcony; and is views?

8 hours ago, dameexquise said:

Hello, I'm thinking of booking 11196 on Edge next year. Were you able to get any photos of the views? Also what are your thoughts if the particular cabin; its balcony; and is views?

Here is a link to a video of 11197 on the Edge

Celebrity Edge Cabin 11197 Video and/or Picture (cruisedeckplans.com)

We had 11197 on the Apex last year and it was a long walk to the front of the ship where all of the Retreat facilities are located. This year on the Edge we moved our location to the front of the ship Cabin number 10119 where were close to the steps and elevators to get to Luminae and the Retreat Lounge and sun deck.

We were in 11207 on Ascent which looks like the same arrangment. I outfoxed myself thinking the

'bumpout' would offer a nice view towards the bow. Not so-there was a steel wall on bow side of balcony. There is also, just above and forward, one of the dreaded window washing devices. It really didn't hurt our view and the balcony was quiet I but scratched my head why I would take this over any other SS balcony. Plus it IS far from Retreat.